Billet Badges

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SoCAPS Meeting @ Castaic Lake

City
    Glendale

SoCAPS Meeting @ Castaic Lake

Went to Castaic today to set the meeting up.

Well, the gal who does the reservations and stuff was off today and will be back on Sunday!! Apparently she is the only person with all the power and info. (I may be able to contact her sooner than Sunday as she checks in with her office periodically.)

While I was there I scouted the place and it's much bigger than I'd thought. Even if we don't formally reserve a specific area, I'm sure we can just take over one of the areas anyway. Without reservations, the picnic areas are first come, first served. The area is real nice...paved parking, trees, grass, picnic tables, lake view........
    Thanks to the person(s) who suggested this place!!

I'll still pursue getting a reservation and contacting the main gal.

Entrance to the park (picnic area) lower lake costs $6 per vehicle per day. Park is open dawn to dusk.

For those of you who want to camp, there is a campground on the other side of the lower lake. Cost to camp per site is $12 per night. (To get to the picnic area for the meeting, you still need to pay the $6.) The sites are by reservation or first come, first served. Two vehicles, 2 tents, and 8 people maximun per site. Check out time is 11 AM. The entrance gate is locked between 10 PM and 6 AM. No hook ups.

I will post some phone numbers, maps, and directions to the area in the next few days when I get some more details nailed down.

The lunch menu is still tenative, and will be a good meal!
    Cost for the lunch has not been set yet.....

The lower lake where we will be does not allow any powered craft (except electric)...so, no power boats or jet skis.

The upper/bigger lake is for power boats, but unfortunately does not have any usable picnic area. I don't see any reason to bring a power craft to the meeting unless you want to use it Saturday (camping the day before) or early Sunday morning (before the meeting).

The following is set in cement:

Sunday, May 4th
    11 AM
    Meeting with lunch
    $6 per vehicle to get into park
    $12 to camp overnight

Comments, suggestions, questions, post here or PM me...

The plan is coming together.......

2012 F350 PSD Lariet SuperCab 2X2, long bed, TriPlatinum White, all the extras
    (Bobby Williams Sale...Sunrise Ford Fontana Great Deal...Thanks)

(Traded In) 2005 F350 PSD Lariet Supercab Duallie, auto, 4.10, all the extras. (Bobby Williams Sale) Anti-Gremlin Bell hanging off front suspension, Putco Boss 4" S/S nerf bars, Velvet Ride shackles, Bull Ring tie downs, C-Btr Mirrors, muffler delete, aftermarket intake elbow.

(Sold) 2000 F350 PSD XLT Supercab Duallie

City
    Phelan

Re: SoCAPS Meeting @ Castaic Lake

Lets get a head count.

This sounds like a great day at the lake and I would like to encourage EVERY SoCAPS member to be there.

Attendence Poll

Member ONLY

Member + 1

Member + 2

Member + 3

Member + 4

Bobby Williams
    Director of Fleet Sales

Sunrise Ford Fleet 16005 Valley Blvd, Fontana, Ca 92335
    (909) 822-4404 (909) 434-0543 Fax Number
    Email --->bwilliams@sunrisefordfleet.com

2015 F250 Crew Cab 4X4 Platinum 6.7L / 6 Speed Auto

I still might make it on Sunday. I might have my trailer in tow, but we will see. How long will you guys be there for the meeting? I think I could be there by 1 PM or so.
    Steve "Max" Smart
    Owner of Billet Badges
    http://www.billetbadges.com

2003.25 6.0L F-250 4X2 XLT Sport Crew Cab with 4:30 gears, ARP Head Studs, Super Crewzer Billet Badges, Pro Comp 6" lift, Blacked out 18" wheels with 325/65/18 Nitto Terra Grappler tires, Prodigy brake controller, Wet Okole seat covers, K Cover folding tonneau cover, SCT tuner, Mag Hytec tranny and dif covers.

City
    Phelan

I still might make it on Sunday. I might have my trailer in tow, but we will see. How long will you guys be there for the meeting? I think I could be there by 1 PM or so.
    Feeling a bit guilty are ya

I am going to asume we will be there until 4pm or so.
    Bobby Williams
    Director of Fleet Sales

Feeling a bit guilty are ya
    Just slightly. I will see what I can do to make it.
    Steve "Max" Smart
    Owner of Billet Badges

2003.25 6.0L F-250 4X2 XLT Sport Crew Cab with 4:30 gears, ARP Head Studs, Super Crewzer Billet Badges, Pro Comp 6" lift, Blacked out 18" wheels with 325/65/18 Nitto Terra Grappler tires, Prodigy brake controller, Wet Okole seat covers, K Cover folding tonneau cover, SCT tuner, Mag Hytec tranny and dif covers.

I have to make it just so that I can drive your truck with the Quadzilla box. I am waiting to hear the results of the Quadzilla vs TS Performance shoot out this weekend.
    Steve "Max" Smart
    Owner of Billet Badges

City
    Phelan

I have to make it just so that I can drive your truck with the Quadzilla box. I am waiting to hear the results of the Quadzilla vs TS Performance shoot out this weekend.
    I am telling you, you drive it you will be on the phone ordering one!!
    Bobby Williams
    Director of Fleet Sales

How much tread is left on your tires? If there is any left, there won't be when I am done.
    Steve "Max" Smart
    Owner of Billet Badges

Big Red PSD CC

Bobby's truck just flat out MOVES!!!!!

I was quite impressed the other day when we went for a drive.

.....of course its not like mine.....but then again....he doesn't have over $10K in performance mods either

Can you imagine that box in a stock height 4X2 truck like your my truck! I have a feeling that my wallet is going to get very light next month.
    Steve "Max" Smart
    Owner of Billet Badges

Here is a picture of the lower lake (lagoon) if it will help.

Steve "Max" Smart
    Owner of Billet Badges

SoCAPS Member
    City
    Laguna Hills

Thanks for all your effort John. My wife and another couple are going to make a day of it--looking forward to seeing everyone again.

John Bosch
    03,350.7.3,LB,CC,Lariat,Drk Shadow Gray,Triple Western Diesel Gauges, TTM, Snug Top, AFE, Alpine CDA-9807, XM Radio

PROUD MEMBER OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA POWERSTROKES

City
    Glendale

Steve........

Outstanding map!! I was wondering how to get one posted.
    I went back to Castaic today and have it mostly worked out. Just need to put it in writing and post!

We will be meeting in area 13 (top area on the map).

Later on tonight or early tomorrow I will be posting detailed directions to the site and other details about the meeting, camping, phone numbers, etc. Once you get inside the park, there will be signs directing you to the meeting.

Still trying to figure out the menu for lunch...you will not go hungry!!

Once I get the info posted here, I'll post the info to TheDieselStop.com and Diesel-Central.com and see what kind of a turn out we can get!!

John Bosch.........

Thanks for the comment. I had never been to this part of the lake before, and I'm really impressed. Perfect place for the meeting (I hope the weather is good to us!).

(Traded In) 2005 F350 PSD Lariet Supercab Duallie, auto, 4.10, all the extras. (Bobby Williams Sale) Anti-Gremlin Bell hanging off front suspension, Putco Boss 4" S/S nerf bars, Velvet Ride shackles, Bull Ring tie downs, C-Btr Mirrors, muffler delete, aftermarket intake elbow.

No problem. I thought it would help.
    Steve "Max" Smart
    Owner of Billet Badges

City
    Glendale

Question has come up regarding where to park if you're pulling a trailer in the picnic area.

The picnic parking lot has a center section where two spaces butt up to each other. Just use the two spaces as a pull through...truck in one followed by the trailer in the other. If for some reason that won't work, you'll have to unhitch and park truck and trailer separately. But, I'm sure the pull through will work.

Just be sure to park legally, the park police are real nasty with regard to parking.

Thread Information