Domestic Diesel & Auto Service

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DDP injectors...

SoCAPS Member

DDP injectors...

What's a good price for a set?

I just called my friends shop up in Seattle, and he said 2600 plus my cores.

The reason I ask, I have the truck in the shop right now, and they said the injectors are getting tired. My extended warranty will cover replacing them, so I'll just have to pick up the difference in price between stock ones, and the DDPs.

City
    Big Bear City
    What injectors do you want to go with? That makes a big difference on price. For new A codes, around $1600 is a good price.

What are your goals for the truck?
    MY TRUCKS YouTube Vids

1996 F350 XLT CREW CAB 4x4 5 speed,AB CODE CALI TRUCK, 4.10 LS rear, SMFW modified by Southbend Clutch, 4 inch straight pipe, IDM MOD BY ME, down pipe, boost and pyro gauges, personal open element air filter, ORU reverse shackle kit, Bilsteins, 305/75 Pro Comp A/T

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

City
    Claremont
    might want to look into other mods to go with them injectors.. sometimes putting bigger inj you need more fuel an oil to make them right an maybe even a turbo and def a chip or tunner..
    http://community.webshots.com/user/socapsmikey

1997 F350 Crew Cab People ask me what i do for a living, I simply tell them ''I AM CRISIS MANAGEMENT COUNSELOR SPECIALIZING IN THE HVAC FIELD''

SoCAPS Member
    Nothing crazy with the truck. Lenny at Dynomite told me the 120hp injectors will work fine with a stock 17* HPOP. I'd like to be in the 350-400hp range.

Not looking for just speed. Would like a truck that can hold its own from a dig, but can still tow 10k w/o a problem.

I know I'd need a turbo soon. Would your TN BB be a good match for these injectors?

SoCAPS Member
    City
    Canoga Park
    Aren't you selling that truck?

SoCAPS Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumperer View Post

...according to my wife I am ;)

City
    Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumperer View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinkin' :)
    2005 Excursion Eddie Bauer 4x4, 6.0, all stock

SoCAPS Member
    Here's the situation with "selling" the truck. I wouldn't sell it for anything less then 15k, and I don't think it'll sell for that price. My wife agrees, but still wanted to see if there was that "one" person out there.

As for the injectors, wasn't really my plan, but when something goes out, or needs to be replaced, I feel bad putting stock parts back in. Especially since I have an aftermarket warranty that will more like likely pay for 80-90% of this. The rest will come from me on the street corner, or craigslist.

Make sense?
    Last edited by Chewbacca; 08-14-2008 at 09:36 AM.

SoCAPS Member
    City
    Canoga Park
    Yeah, my point was going to be that if you are selling it (especially being strapped for cash) I wouldn't be putting any more money into it than you had to. That's all.

City
    Big Bear City
    Since you are going to tow, I would advise you to get some new AC's. They are a stage 1 that flow 160cc's and will get you near the 350 mark. With the stock nozzle it will be safe while towing and they wont kill your trans as fast as say a stage 2 or hybrid.

Later on down the line when you have the right supporting mods, you can do a simple nozzle swap and have a stage 2. but in my experience, anything over a stage 1 with the stock turbo is asking for trouble.

Also later on down the road if you get the chance to upgrade the turbo, any of the drop ins will really help the stage 1's. Just ask Gene. He runs AC's with the TN BB turbo and said it is one heck of a towing machine that will flat get it on.
    MY TRUCKS YouTube Vids

1996 F350 XLT CREW CAB 4x4 5 speed,AB CODE CALI TRUCK, 4.10 LS rear, SMFW modified by Southbend Clutch, 4 inch straight pipe, IDM MOD BY ME, down pipe, boost and pyro gauges, personal open element air filter, ORU reverse shackle kit, Bilsteins, 305/75 Pro Comp A/T

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

SoCAPS Member
    Don't have to worry about the trans, it's a 6 speed with a clutch good to 500hp/1000ft#

Kelly if you are going to do this I would agree with Matty. In my PM to you I recommended AC injectors and a drop in turbo. With the AC's you can run on your existing turbo without killing it. I really think with stage II's you should have a larger turbo and IC.
    1999.5 F250 PSD 4X4, The Mule
    1/8th ET 8.1 @ 82 MPH
    1/4 13.0 @ 101 MPH
    http://www.mcspadden.cc/themule.html

1999 F350 DRW, Gold Leader, Homemade Tymar, 4" exhaust, DP Tuned

SoCAPS Member
    See what you can find out bud. That 38r on PSN is gone though.

City
    Williamsburg Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by mattymx View Post
    Since you are going to tow, I would advise you to get some new AC's. They are a stage 1 that flow 160cc's and will get you near the 350 mark. With the stock nozzle it will be safe while towing and they wont kill your trans as fast as say a stage 2 or hybrid.

Later on down the line when you have the right supporting mods, you can do a simple nozzle swap and have a stage 2. but in my experience, anything over a stage 1 with the stock turbo is asking for trouble.

Also later on down the road if you get the chance to upgrade the turbo, any of the drop ins will really help the stage 1's. Just ask Gene. He runs AC's with the TN BB turbo and said it is one heck of a towing machine that will flat get it on.
    The TN BB and AC sticks are a great combo but get your tuning from DP Tuner they are the best
    GENE

99 F450 CC, AT, XLT LB Shortened Frame 3.5 , John Wood Tranny & TC , Turbonetics BB , DP Tuner (live tuned), AC Injectors , Custom Intake , Idle Speed Control, Turbo Temp Monitor , 4 Down Pipe, 5 Exhaust , Isspro Gauges , Power Pedal Mod. Fuel Regulator System , Dual Fuel Tanks. White Ext , Grey Int , Alcoa 19.5 Rims Factory Center Caps , Cowl Induction Hood , Dual Highway Products Tool Boxes.

Builder and Driver of Stroked Lightning 11.519 @ 119.26 mph

Builder of "DeRanged"

SoCAPS Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weweld View Post
    The TN BB and AC sticks are a great combo but get your tuning from DP Tuner they are the best

I've been doing alot of reading, and hearing so-so things on the TN BB? As for tuning, I just ordered TW tunes...

Thread Information