Sunrise Ford Parts

Thread: Runnign My 7.3 On Tranny Fluid Only!!

Runnign My 7.3 On Tranny Fluid Only!!

I Work At A Ford Dealer And We Run Our 7.3s On Nothin But Tranny Fluid. Believe It!!! No Fuel Bill!!! Let Me No What U Think...

SoCAPS Member
    how in the hell would that work?
    1999 Ford F-250 7.3L PSD 4x4 EC/SB with 4 inch lift, Goodyear wangler MT/R LT285/75R16 on stock alloy alcoa's, 4inch turbo back, K&N cold air intake system, Blacked out grill with smoked tail light, H.I.D's, alpine system with amp/sub and some other stuff.. Waiting on Glowshift 3in1 and T500 from terminator Eng also trying to figure out who's chip to with...

City
    Escondido
    You fill up the tank with (filtered) new or used trans fluid and run it! just need to change the fuel filter a little more often... from what i have heard, it runs the same as #2 fuel in warm weather. if it gets too cold it may not flow as well due to viscosity issues.
    01 F250 XLT c.c. s.b. 7.3, Dp tuner(8 tunes), Edge attitude monitor (for gauges) billet grill,billet badges, International bellowed uppies, home built 4" dual exhaust with 2/5" tips,muff delete, Airaid intake, 44 gal tank, trans gauge, Mag hytec diff covers and deep trans sump, John Wood trans, 6.0 cooler, billet converter, GOS headlight harness, DC 190 amp alt., 5" Deavers, 3" hangers, 37" tires w/17" welds, Fox shocks w/resiviors, EBC slotted rotors, air bags, onboard tank/compressor, Klienn Train Horn, gooseneck hitch, runnin' home made bio-diesel, 235,000 mi. & still strokin strong!!

2006 -4 seat Chenowth Explorer,home built, powered by an Esslinger 2.3 turbo Ford motor, T3/T4 @20psi =family fun!!

SoCAPS Member
    That's very cool! I'm a noob when it comes to diesel stuff I'm just getting into it! I have only had jeeps in my life. Love love this truck! Has anyone here ran there's on tranny fluid? Is it just any tranny fluid?
    1999 Ford F-250 7.3L PSD 4x4 EC/SB with 4 inch lift, Goodyear wangler MT/R LT285/75R16 on stock alloy alcoa's, 4inch turbo back, K&N cold air intake system, Blacked out grill with smoked tail light, H.I.D's, alpine system with amp/sub and some other stuff.. Waiting on Glowshift 3in1 and T500 from terminator Eng also trying to figure out who's chip to with...

City
    Glendale

Exclamation

Be careful putting transmission fluid into your fuel tank.
    A lot of transmission fluid is red color and if law enforcement were to check your tank for off road fuel (fuel that is not taxed), they would get a red indication. Off road fuel is dyed red!! Using off road fuel (farm use, tractors, generators, etc) in a truck on the roadway carries a very heavy fine.

2012 F350 PSD Lariet SuperCab 2X2, long bed, TriPlatinum White, all the extras
    (Bobby Williams Sale...Sunrise Ford Fontana Great Deal...Thanks)

(Traded In) 2005 F350 PSD Lariet Supercab Duallie, auto, 4.10, all the extras. (Bobby Williams Sale) Anti-Gremlin Bell hanging off front suspension, Putco Boss 4" S/S nerf bars, Velvet Ride shackles, Bull Ring tie downs, C-Btr Mirrors, muffler delete, aftermarket intake elbow.

(Sold) 2000 F350 PSD XLT Supercab Duallie

City
    Big Bear City
    Trans fluid is not meant to combust and should never be ran. Free?? Yes. Bad??? Very...
    MY TRUCKS YouTube Vids

1996 F350 XLT CREW CAB 4x4 5 speed,AB CODE CALI TRUCK, 4.10 LS rear, SMFW modified by Southbend Clutch, 4 inch straight pipe, IDM MOD BY ME, down pipe, boost and pyro gauges, personal open element air filter, ORU reverse shackle kit, Bilsteins, 305/75 Pro Comp A/T

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

SoCAPS Member PatriotHaulingServices's Avatar
    City
    Ventura
    Quote Originally Posted by mattymx View Post
    Trans fluid is not meant to combust and should never be ran. Free?? Yes. Bad??? Very...
    It might not "supposed to be" burned, but it does just fine. I've heard that people can run up to 90% ATF 10%Diesel with no difference. When they start running 100%ATF they notice a power decrease.
    EMT - 2002 F250 XLT CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 7.3L
    Responded to the scene of 89 yo female with left femur fx, upon arrival pt. was found in bed with first responder.

City
    San Dimas
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel1941 View Post
    Be careful putting transmission fluid into your fuel tank.
    A lot of transmission fluid is red color and if law enforcement were to check your tank for off road fuel (fuel that is not taxed), they would get a red indication. Off road fuel is dyed red!! Using off road fuel (farm use, tractors, generators, etc) in a truck on the roadway carries a very heavy fine.
    The red fuel also has a UV marker in it that the trans fluid won't. The color may get them to start looking, but without the UV indicator showing up, they can't site you.
    RIP Muley 9-25-09
    You're ridin with the best now!

1999 F-250 XLT Crew Cab Short Box

4X4 7.3L Powerstroke
    Born On: 2-15-99

Specs:
    Tranny by JW, DP Tuner F5, ITP RR, Terminated, Walbro 392, 6637 Intake, On-Board Air, Full Kicker System, Kenwood Touchscreen DVD, Python 990, Much More To Come.....

Sponsored By: Terminator Engineering, Magic Smoke Performance, Riffraff Diesel Performance

"ALLGAVESOME, SOMEGAVEALL"

SoCAPS Member RICHARD @ LINE-X CV's Avatar
    City
    Simi Valley
    Been running it for years. No problems. just change fuel filters on a regular basis. i do need to reseal my injectors now, and new glow plugs. but the truck has 155,000 miles on it. i started running USED ATF with 60,000 miles on the truck.
    2002 EXCURSION 7.3 6" LIFT ON 37 BFG KMS'2, 07 GRILLE AND BUMPER. 07 HARLEY HEADLIGHTS AND GRILLE. ATS TURBO, 5" EXHAUST, MAG-HYTEC COVERS, CUSTOM CROSS ENTERPRISES REAR BUMPER AND TIRE CARRIER.

Thread Information