Sunrise Ford Parts

Thread: My toy hauler... DOH (part needed, ideas?)

City
    Santa Barbara

My toy hauler... DOH (part needed, ideas?)

So... I have a 21' Rage'n toy hauler. One of the little issues with it have been the fact that the assist springs on the ramp have been so tight that in order to open the door, I've had to basically stand sidways on the rear bumper pulling down with all my weight. All the way down it would hold its own almost parallel with the ground (slight down slope), so when loading the toys I'd have to have someone stand on the corner to keep it down...

I know I should have probably looked to see if they could be loosened, but just kinda never really did get around to it. Now just the other day I was pulling it down again when... pop. There goes my right spring... broke. It sure was easier to pull down though. :grin:

So anyway, I went to put the door back up and man, they are pretty heavy missing a spring. Does anyone have any ideas where I can get a new spring (probably two the way they have been going)? Is this something I can go to any trailer place for? Other ideas? I have been searching online a lot lately for trailer parts to no avail. I found some utility trailer parts but they are the wrong springs. Unfortunately I am back on day shift at my new job and I can't do much personal stuff as far as calling around or going looking for parts.

At this point I can live with this for the time being, and next month my weekends will be during the week so that will be helpful in having time to go get some things done. Any ideas are definitely appreciated... ? :) Thanks guys...
    - Ryan

BULLETPROOF 7.3 PSD 1996 F-250 Flatbed 4x4
    bdp chip & injectors, SBC Con OFE, 2002 SD HPOP
    2004 Rage'n 2124C toy hauler
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660 long travel :evil:

City
    Glendale

Question

Ryan.........

Have you contacted Rage'n??

http://www.rageninc.com/home.html

They are located in Riverside, CA.............

2012 F350 PSD Lariet SuperCab 2X2, long bed, TriPlatinum White, all the extras
    (Bobby Williams Sale...Sunrise Ford Fontana Great Deal...Thanks)

(Traded In) 2005 F350 PSD Lariet Supercab Duallie, auto, 4.10, all the extras. (Bobby Williams Sale) Anti-Gremlin Bell hanging off front suspension, Putco Boss 4" S/S nerf bars, Velvet Ride shackles, Bull Ring tie downs, C-Btr Mirrors, muffler delete, aftermarket intake elbow.

(Sold) 2000 F350 PSD XLT Supercab Duallie

City
    Port Orchard, WA
    Try looking at standard Garage door springs like at Home Depot they have all shapes and lengths.
    '97 Dodge 3500, Club Cab, 4x4, Dually, 5.9 Cummins 12V, SMOG EXEMPT, 4" turbo back, gauges, EGR Delete. Built Auto with billet twin disk converter, TransGo shift kit, HF clutches, HD Sprag, PML Pan, AFE stage 1, 100 fuel plate, AFC full forward. 3000 GSK.

Yes, my last truck was an '06 Superduty, liked it, just too much money to own, SMOG, register, build, and maintain.

Towing Queen for: '09 Attitude 33AKSG Fithwheel Toyhauler, FX package, all options and then some, axle oversprung conversion for 5" lift, 15K GVWR

SoCAPS Member
    City
    Corona
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzrats View Post
    Try looking at standard Garage door springs like at Home Depot they have all shapes and lengths.
    That was my thought also.

Ryan, I'm out here in Riverside so if you need anything picked up at Ragen and sent up to ya let me know.

Erik
    2002 F250 4X4 CREW CAB PSD 4" LIFT
    4" turbo back exhaust*custom tymar*DP tunes*Polished ATS housing*6.0 intercooler*Chromed intercooler pipes*H/O DC Power Inc H/O Alternator*Dieselsite boots*203 thermostat*40K Trucool*FTVB*Manual TC lock-up*EBPV brake*AIH delete*boost Annihilator*Custom CCV*ITP/KCM (HPX)*Coolant filter*08 diff cover*engine mounted fuel gauge*custom engine cover*slotted rotors*triple gauge*((XM))

City
    Santa Barbara
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel1941 View Post
    Ryan.........

Have you contacted Rage'n??

http://www.rageninc.com/home.html

They are located in Riverside, CA.............
    Doh... :o I went back and forth on what to type so many times I thought I mentioned I was going to try them but I guess I left it out.

Thanks for the ideas guys, and for the offer Erik. I'll let ya know. :waytogo:
    - Ryan

BULLETPROOF 7.3 PSD 1996 F-250 Flatbed 4x4
    bdp chip & injectors, SBC Con OFE, 2002 SD HPOP
    2004 Rage'n 2124C toy hauler
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660 long travel :evil:

City
    Escondido
    Definitely give Rage'n a call. I've dealt with them a couple of times for warranty issues on our toyhaluer and they've been really helpful and easy to work with. Good guys up there.
    2004 F-350 Lariat CC, SB, 6.0 PSD, 4x4, Moonroof, 3.73LS, DR Edge 4.5", 35" Toyo MT's, Line-X, Autometer gauges

Thread Information