Sunrise Ford Parts

Thread: spare tire lock for 2005 f250

sonnyy13n

Unhappy spare tire lock for 2005 f250

Help! Does anybody know how to get a key for the spare tire lock that I didn't get when I bought my 2005 xlt used. The key that wa supposed to be in the glove box wasn't there. What a surprise! My local dealer says that they don't sell the key seperately, and I don't know where to find the number for it. It seems there are about 8 different keys for this. They want about $400 to cut the spare mount off and put a new one on.
    Thanks for the help.

Sonny

SoCAPS Member
    I do not know how many different keys there are, but mine from my 05 worked on my buddies 04.

City
    Glendale

Thumbs down

They want about $400 to cut the spare mount off and put a new one on.
    That's a dealer I'd never go back to.
    I'd heard 5 keys, you heard 8, anyhow it ain't that many. A reputable dealer will have a set of all the keys and can easily try them till they get the right one and then order or sell that key to you. No $400 and no cut the mount off!!

I can't believe they told you that!!!

2012 F350 PSD Lariet SuperCab 2X2, long bed, TriPlatinum White, all the extras
    (Bobby Williams Sale...Sunrise Ford Fontana Great Deal...Thanks)

(Traded In) 2005 F350 PSD Lariet Supercab Duallie, auto, 4.10, all the extras. (Bobby Williams Sale) Anti-Gremlin Bell hanging off front suspension, Putco Boss 4" S/S nerf bars, Velvet Ride shackles, Bull Ring tie downs, C-Btr Mirrors, muffler delete, aftermarket intake elbow.

(Sold) 2000 F350 PSD XLT Supercab Duallie

sonnyy13n

Red face

it was antelope valley ford. and i won't be going back. kieffe and sons ford in mojave will remove the lock, sell me a new key and lock and install it for 45.oo parts and 36.00 labor. GOT IT HANDLED. KIEFFE AND SONS FORD HAS A MASTER KEY THAT WILL GIVE ME THE NUMBER TO ORDER A NEW KEY. a.v. ford claims they don't have master keys. thanks for the info guys.
    glad i joined this club.
    sonny
    Last edited by sonnyy13n; 03-16-2007 at 05:00 PM. Reason: ADDING INFO

sonnyy13n

spare tire lock

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyy13n
    Help! Does anybody know how to get a key for the spare tire lock that I didn't get when I bought my 2005 xlt used. The key that wa supposed to be in the glove box wasn't there. What a surprise! My local dealer says that they don't sell the key seperately, and I don't know where to find the number for it. It seems there are about 8 different keys for this. They want about $400 to cut the spare mount off and put a new one on.
    Thanks for the help.

Sonny
    got the spare key from mcgard today. 2 day shipping, $31.99 including shipping. fits perfectly. thanks for the info about the ford dealer having master keys and where to buy a replacment
    sonny

Thread Information