Domestic Diesel & Auto Service

Thread: Flashing computer to activate OBD-II

Flashing computer to activate OBD-II

I am going to have to get my computer flashed to activate the OBD-II. I bought the AE scanner and doesn't seem to want to connect to the computer, it must still be an OBD-I system. The only thing that is confusing is that the computer is a Reman.(printed on the computer) and the code on the side of it is SOD4 which is for a 1994, but a sticker under the hood says PCM has been reprogramed, part # F6TF-AUE, Dealer # 078633, Dated 1-7-99. I looked up the part number and it is a computer for 1996 49 state, high altitude, Canada. My truck is a 5 speed manual, does any body know what is the best code is for my truck. I was told that you have no choice in what code they flash your computer, just whatever code is the most up to date in there system.
    94.5 F350 2wd, super cab, dually, 7.3 DIT, 5sp

Upgrades: Tymar Intake, 4in exhaust, Bean stage 1 injectors, Mod IDM, 6 Pos DT chip, ATS intercooler, Con OFE and SMF Conv., Boost & EGT gauges

Cooming Soon: Awaiting install of Snow Stage 3 water/meth, BrakeMaster brake controller, Highway Products truck box

Future: Stealth dual pumps, BDP fuel system w/xover, BDP Mod. H2E, Custom built larger intercooler w/pipes, Homemade VMAC style onboard air, rear air bags, air ride seat, and beyond

City
    Santa Barbara
    You can run TDE1 (I currently am). I believe that was the latest or best flash for the 1997 49 state automatic trucks... it is definitely the most common I think when people reflash their PCM. I heard it has the best shift points too but that doesn't concern you and me now does it? :)
    - Ryan

BULLETPROOF 7.3 PSD 1996 F-250 Flatbed 4x4
    bdp chip & injectors, SBC Con OFE, 2002 SD HPOP
    2004 Rage'n 2124C toy hauler
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660 long travel :evil:

Got it working, the software had to be manually configured to reconize the truck.
    94.5 F350 2wd, super cab, dually, 7.3 DIT, 5sp

Upgrades: Tymar Intake, 4in exhaust, Bean stage 1 injectors, Mod IDM, 6 Pos DT chip, ATS intercooler, Con OFE and SMF Conv., Boost & EGT gauges

Cooming Soon: Awaiting install of Snow Stage 3 water/meth, BrakeMaster brake controller, Highway Products truck box

Future: Stealth dual pumps, BDP fuel system w/xover, BDP Mod. H2E, Custom built larger intercooler w/pipes, Homemade VMAC style onboard air, rear air bags, air ride seat, and beyond

City
    Santa Barbara
    Sweet! :waytogo:
    - Ryan

BULLETPROOF 7.3 PSD 1996 F-250 Flatbed 4x4
    bdp chip & injectors, SBC Con OFE, 2002 SD HPOP
    2004 Rage'n 2124C toy hauler
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660 long travel :evil:

i have a pcm with TDE1 program in it if you know anyone that needs one let me know!!!!! (970) 201 4325 SLADE
    96 psd, cc, lb, 6" skyjacker lift, 37" nitto mud grapplers, eagle alloy type 114 wheels 17x10, triple shocks,jaguar print interior,tinted around, white, intercooled , intake, 3 1/2"down tube, str8 exhast, 8" exhust tip.

Thread Information