Diesel Tech

Thread: EED relay pics/ underhood pics for drivers side in the 90's trucks

EED relay pics/ underhood pics for drivers side in the 90's trucks

im trying to help a friend from 550miles away get this going, without having her get it taken to the shop and getting reamed.....

does anybody have pics of the underhood relay box where the eed relay for the computer is?? the tach stopped working in the truck and then the tranny went berserk i think (and john wood) the eed relay just jumped out of its socket so im seein if i can show her a pic of where its at to check it.

thanks guys!!
    97 F250HD SUPERCAB 4X4 5speed FLATBED, 200k a little of this and alot of that.

I know this is a late response but the IDI's didn't have a computer. There is a module if you have a auto tranny. If it is an IDI there is a tach sensor on the gear housing for the Injection pump. If it fails you will have the same symptoms as you described.
    94 F350 XLT, Godzilla Jr., 7.3 IDI TD, 4x4, E4OD, 4.10, SRW, LB, 3" ATS Housing, Outlet & DP, 4" Straight Pipe, 3 Pillar w/Pyro,Boost,Tran, Holley RED, DPS 2 Stage H2O, "GODZILLA AIR".

84 F150 XL, Godzilla Sr., 4.9 six banger, 4x4, 7" Lift, Custom Dash, Rear disk brakes, Front-Rear Hitch, (RIP)

97 Aljo 27' Bunk House. (Dad's dog house!)

Photo's

thanks for the reply,

im up here right now with the truck, i havent gotten a chance to work on the truck. we ended up getting her a 97 F250HD hmmm kinda interesting we both drive the same trucks now except hers is a longbed and is the off white paint and mine is the bright white.

yeah i knew this truck just has the computer for the tranny only. im gonna dig into it next month when i come back up here, i talked to john wood and he was betting that it was the relay that is the problem. i guess i will find out, im gonna move up here in a couple months and will probably get this truck back up and going and use it for work so i can tear into my 97 and get the rest of it finished the way i want it. then i can put all the miles on the 90.

thanks again!!
    97 F250HD SUPERCAB 4X4 5speed FLATBED, 200k a little of this and alot of that.

Thread Information