Billet Badges

Thread: Intake Kits

SoCAPS Member

Cool Intake Kits

Has anyone ever used an S&B Intake Kit? They specialize in diesels and look pretty cool. Let me know your thoughts.

City
    Big Bear City
    I have not seen one. Is there any info on them?
    MY TRUCKS YouTube Vids

1996 F350 XLT CREW CAB 4x4 5 speed,AB CODE CALI TRUCK, 4.10 LS rear, SMFW modified by Southbend Clutch, 4 inch straight pipe, IDM MOD BY ME, down pipe, boost and pyro gauges, personal open element air filter, ORU reverse shackle kit, Bilsteins, 305/75 Pro Comp A/T

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

City
    Moorpark
    did you see that kit in diesel power magazine? the one with the polished tube? if not there's a cool kit in that magazine.
    2008 6.4l F-250 CC/SB 4x4
    12.30 @ 110
    791/1550

purchased from Bobby Williams of Sunrise Ford in Fontana. great truck with incredible customer service.

Yes!

I've been running the S&B system since October of '04, and I am very happy with it.

It replaced a K&N FIPK system and works a lot better. Driving up the 73 toll road I saw a decrease of 150 degrees in egt at 75mph gping uphill compared to the K&N. Needless to say, I was very surprised by the difference.

Additionally, the S&B appears to have the best filter element on the market. It's an eight layer element. It filters better and flows more air than the AFE regular or Pro-Gurad 7 filter elements. I guess they built this filter to better the AFE system.

My next door neighbor works for S&B. That's how I ended up with my filter system and that's where I got the info from. Actually, he showed me the air flow info and filter efficiency info comparing a bunch of different filters (Not the PR info, but the actual test results).

I've been running this filter system longer than most anyone (mine is a pre-production model), and I am happy to answer any questions about the filter. However, I am not a filter expert! So if you have technical questions, I will have to go next door and ask.

Thanks!
    2000 F250 7.3L 4x4
    2003 F250 7.3L 4x4

DP-Tuner
    Empire Diesel
    Strictly Diesel
    John Wood Automotive
    One Up Offroad
    Swamps Diesel

SoCAPS Member

Talking S&B website

S&B has a awesome new website...

www.sbfilters.com

They just launched it recently. They is also an opportunity to build your own filter if they dont make one already. Looks pretty darn good to me... If anyone has more info let me know. If not I think I am going to get one for my truck.

Thread Information