Carli Suspension, Inc.

Thread: shudder ???

City
    Yucaipa

shudder ???

my 1996 f350 psd duellie shudders at all speeds it has trhe edge. any suggestions????
    RIP Muley 9-25-09
    You're ridin with the best now!

1996 F-350 psd drw,crew cab, declawed, demuffed,fumotoed, a post triple pillar gauges,edge evo, home-made intake, line-x (10-17-05) On-board air with loud horns. IDM MOD by matty, SOCAPS member (6-11-07) (8-21-06)coolant eye (12/28/07) Stancor gpr (12/26/07), Coolent filter (11-1-2008) Trani by JOHN WOOD, Relocated Block heater plug (1/1/2011) . more mods to come

City
    Big Bear City

Re: shudder ???

What is it that is shuddering? Describe for me what it is doing. Sorry, but I cant get a visual on that one.
    MY TRUCKS YouTube Vids

1996 F350 XLT CREW CAB 4x4 5 speed,AB CODE CALI TRUCK, 4.10 LS rear, SMFW modified by Southbend Clutch, 4 inch straight pipe, IDM MOD BY ME, down pipe, boost and pyro gauges, personal open element air filter, ORU reverse shackle kit, Bilsteins, 305/75 Pro Comp A/T

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

SoCAPS Member
    City
    San Marcos

I'm going to guess it is power related vibration, since he talked about the power adder and not at which speeds he gets it at(front end problem for example).

wild azz guesses: torque convertor lock up clutch slipping or chattering from the power, or something bad with the driveshaft.
    SOLD--97 F250 HD Reg cab XL: Banks Powerpack, factory catalyst-yes or no- have pipe, AFE intake... 4.10's, Detroit Locker, E40D (John Wood version) - 6 liter torque converter, auto hubs, 285/75-16 bfg's . A little of this and that.

City
    Big Bear City

My first thought was drive line related, but I am not sure if he meant engine wise or if it was something else.
    MY TRUCKS YouTube Vids

1996 F350 XLT CREW CAB 4x4 5 speed,AB CODE CALI TRUCK, 4.10 LS rear, SMFW modified by Southbend Clutch, 4 inch straight pipe, IDM MOD BY ME, down pipe, boost and pyro gauges, personal open element air filter, ORU reverse shackle kit, Bilsteins, 305/75 Pro Comp A/T

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

City
    Yucaipa

basically at any speed it feels like the whole truck has a kinda mild shake it dosent feel like a rumble under the seat (driveline). another board said might be a burnt harness or pin. i pulled the oil filler cap and no smell of electrical. Hope this helps thanks for any sugestions?
    RIP Muley 9-25-09
    You're ridin with the best now!

1996 F-350 psd drw,crew cab, declawed, demuffed,fumotoed, a post triple pillar gauges,edge evo, home-made intake, line-x (10-17-05) On-board air with loud horns. IDM MOD by matty, SOCAPS member (6-11-07) (8-21-06)coolant eye (12/28/07) Stancor gpr (12/26/07), Coolent filter (11-1-2008) Trani by JOHN WOOD, Relocated Block heater plug (1/1/2011) . more mods to come

still have the normal amount of power???

could be a wheel bearing, does it get worse with faster speeds?

i had a bad motor mount on my 97 and that caused it to have a constant vibration
    97 F250HD SUPERCAB 4X4 5speed FLATBED, 200k a little of this and alot of that.

Thread Information