Innovative Diesel

Thread: It all started with a no start on my 6.0

SoCAPS Member
    City
    Wildomar

It all started with a no start on my 6.0

So I had it towed to a Ford dealership that I do business with and after a few days they came back with a laundary list of items that need replacing. #3 and#7 injectors (recommending replacing the whole bank), 2 batteries,fuel injector module,ICP,fuel pump,and fuel pressure regulator ($5100). I decided to have it towed home so I could start doing the work at a price I could afford. I started with two Interstate bateries from Costco. After the install I tried to start it up and to my surprise it fired right up and seem to run fine. Not wanting to take any chances I drove it to Domestc Diesel and explained the situation to John and showed him the Ford printout. Well long story short; other then a fan clutch nothing else was wrong. I just came back from a 2000 mile trip and it ran fine with Lance camper attached. Called Ford and they want me to bring the truck back in to recheck it which I declined to do. Now John could have said he agrees with Ford and I probably would have had him do the work but he took the high road.
    2003 6.0PSD, ARP studs, 4" exhaust, SCT tuner

City
    Big Bear City
    John and crew are awesome! Glad you went to them. Honest bunch over there.
    MY TRUCKS YouTube Vids

1996 F350 XLT CREW CAB 4x4 5 speed,AB CODE CALI TRUCK, 4.10 LS rear, SMFW modified by Southbend Clutch, 4 inch straight pipe, IDM MOD BY ME, down pipe, boost and pyro gauges, personal open element air filter, ORU reverse shackle kit, Bilsteins, 305/75 Pro Comp A/T

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

City
    Glendale

Thumbs up

What Matt posted above!!

I drive from Glendale to Chino because I trust John and his crew at Domestic Diesel!!
    John has been a long time supporter of SCAPS and takes good care of the members.

To the original poster, gnrand, thank you for posting. Dealerships scare me unless you have someone there you can trust.
    =================
    On the negative side:
    I'd like to know what dealership tried to hose you?? I'm sure other members would also like to know.
    Everyone tries to be so politically correct and polite...hey, if a dealership is so bad, name them!!

2012 F350 PSD Lariet SuperCab 2X2, long bed, TriPlatinum White, all the extras
    (Bobby Williams Sale...Sunrise Ford Fontana Great Deal...Thanks)

(Traded In) 2005 F350 PSD Lariet Supercab Duallie, auto, 4.10, all the extras. (Bobby Williams Sale) Anti-Gremlin Bell hanging off front suspension, Putco Boss 4" S/S nerf bars, Velvet Ride shackles, Bull Ring tie downs, C-Btr Mirrors, muffler delete, aftermarket intake elbow.

(Sold) 2000 F350 PSD XLT Supercab Duallie

City
    Whittier
    I've sung the same song as Matt and Samuel for a long time. Domestic has done some pretty extensive surgery on my 6.0 - head gaskets, bulletproof egr and oil cooler, upgraded fan clutch . . heck i even drive from Whittier to Chino to get my Deka batteries from John. He never tries to talk you into a repair, he gives you your options and is very honest. We talked on the phone for about a half hour on the pros and cons of doing a full bulletproof on my truck. In the end I went for it, and I have no regrets. Truck runs like a beast now, and hauls our Jayco like it's not even there. We're very lucky here in SoCal to have shops like Domestic and Diesel Tech. Easily two of the best shops in the country.
    ~~eric.

2003 Ford F-250 XLT Lariat 6.0L Powerstroke V8

Banks Ottomind / Intake / Monster Exhaust
    Dieselsite Coolant Filter
    ARP Head Studs
    Bulletproof EGR Cooler / Bulletproof Oil Cooler
    Heavy Duty Fan Clutch
    Empire Line-X
    Diesel Tech fuel additive
    Domestic Diesel Serviced
    "Aint no doubt my king of the mountain's built FORD tough!"

SoCAPS Member
    City
    Wildomar
    Just a footnote, I have an 2015 Explorer Sport that had the rack and pinon go out and after it was replaced by the local Ford. A couple of weeks later I decided to change the oil. I noticed that the support under the rack and pinion was not tightened down. One of the 4 bolts was missing and the other three were about come out. I know should have raised hell but I am so discussed I just replaced the bolt and tightened the rest.
    2003 6.0PSD, ARP studs, 4" exhaust, SCT tuner

City
    ** OTHER **
    Man a hate hearing stories like that. Its not just dealerships its bad mechanic I have had issue with other Diesel repair shops, that's why I do all most all my repairs myself.

Way to go John at Domestic Diesel!

Thread Information