Sunrise Ford Fleet

Thread: Obd 2 readiness monitors!!!

SoCAPS Member
    City
    Palmdale

Obd 2 readiness monitors!!!

Hello,
    Forgive me if this has been answered but for the life of me I cannot find it. my '01 f350 will not pass "smog" due to the CCM rediness monitor that will not reset. I have tried everything including clearing out the other pending codes and performing the MORONIC "drive cycle procedure", I drove around looking like an idiot for hours following this stupid thing and it never resets. I need a way to make this work so I can get the POS registered. can I pay one of those Volkswagen techs to just cheat it for me? LOL but seriously WTF do I do to make it go away? I have smogged it many times before and never had this problem but this time around when I cleared the check engine light it had the damn this never reset. any help is appreciated...

here's the drive cycle procedure I used;

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html
    2001 f350 crewcab long bed 2wd 4" turbo back flowmaster exsaust K&N, edge evoulution downloader

City
    Chino Hills
    Make sure its not setting soft codes (MIL off codes), make sure it is not tuned and or chipped sometimes we have to refllash the PCM to latest calibration too. 7.3 should run OBD2 monitors pretty easy. If your doing endless drive cycles in attempt to run monitors...something is wrong.
    John

SoCAPS Member
    City
    Palmdale
    Quote Originally Posted by domesticdiesel View Post
    Make sure its not setting soft codes (MIL off codes), make sure it is not tuned and or chipped sometimes we have to refllash the PCM to latest calibration too. 7.3 should run OBD2 monitors pretty easy. If your doing endless drive cycles in attempt to run monitors...something is wrong.
    John

So, it has a tune, I (Had) an Edge evolution programmer that was stolen out of my truck so im stuck with the tune in it, and it has been in it for 13 years and it always passed before. I though it might be a computer issue. how do I go about having the PCM flashed? is that a dealer thing?
    2001 f350 crewcab long bed 2wd 4" turbo back flowmaster exsaust K&N, edge evoulution downloader

City
    Chino Hills
    Anyone with IDS can reflash. Ford dealer and or Ford specialty shop. If you ever come to my neck of the woods I would not charge you to reflash it.
    John

City
    Huntington Beach
    Hi,
    sorry for just looking at tis thread now........................

my 2002 7.3 wouldn't reset the monitors for the SMOG test, it ended up being the computer keep alive power fuse. I think it was a 5 or 10 amp fuse. When I replaced it, within 8 miles my monitors were reset.

NT
    My Current Garage: 2002 Ford F-350 lariat, 2010 Ford Ranger Sport, 1998 Ford Expedition Eddie B., 1985 Ford Bronco

Thread Information