John Wood Automotive

Thread: Looking for a good diesel performance shop in Ventura county

City
    Camarillo

Looking for a good diesel performance shop in Ventura county

Does anyone know of a great diesel performance shop out in the Ventura county area?

City
    Chino Hills
    What were you looking to get done? I am now stocking a lot more perfromance parts that can ship to your door and we can give some support over the phone or email for a dyi install. I will look into a shop out that way. I know there is someone near Galpin Ford.
    Just dont remember the name.

SoCAPS Member Raul @ Stealth Automotive's Avatar
    City
    Simi Valley
    John at diesel performance parts is the one next to galpin....

City
    Camarillo
    Thanks guys for getting back with me on this.....! If I'm not mistaken, Galpin Ford as well as Diesel Performance is out in Van Nuys which is close to Ventura, but still a 40 minute drive or so. Raul.... does John at DPS come with a pretty good recommendation?

City
    Simi Valley
    John is very good..... if i remember correctly hes a ford master tech. he has done some work on my own truck a few years ago.... best bet is to just go and talk to him. what kind of work are you looking to get done? i know some other shops that are closer that can get simple things done

City
    Camarillo
    I'm looking for a couple of things Raul.... main thing right now is a potential tranny rebuild as it has been acting up a little in the lowest couple of gears. I think its loosing pressure in those lower gears. Anyways, then after that is resolved, I wanted to add a little juice to the motor in the way of Banks or Edge.... but nothing too over board.

SoCAPS Member PatriotHaulingServices's Avatar
    City
    Ventura
    Quote Originally Posted by TonOfun View Post
    I'm looking for a couple of things Raul.... main thing right now is a potential tranny rebuild as it has been acting up a little in the lowest couple of gears. I think its loosing pressure in those lower gears. Anyways, then after that is resolved, I wanted to add a little juice to the motor in the way of Banks or Edge.... but nothing too over board.
    Regarding the tranny, seek out John Wood. His transmissions are some of the best. If you dont feel like driving, Dave Wilkes here in Ventura did mine and I have no problems ~50,000 miles later.

As for power adding... Skip Edge and Banks. Neither are good for your truck. Get some REAL tunes for your truck, not generic ones.

I live in Ventura also. If you need anything, let me know.
    EMT - 2002 F250 XLT CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 7.3L
    Responded to the scene of 89 yo female with left femur fx, upon arrival pt. was found in bed with first responder.

City
    Simi Valley
    Quote Originally Posted by TonOfun View Post
    only place i would go to get the trans don is John woods in san diego.....
    and like Patriot stated def skip the edge or banks... heck pretty much anything you can buy at 4wheel parts... only thing i would put on your truck is a custom tuned chip... dont forget that you will need some way to monitor your temps as well......

SoCAPS Member
    City
    Ventura
    i know this post is kind of old but if you are still looking try Morgan at Ultimate Truck Performance 805-744-1045. Ive taken my truck to him a few times and hes an honest guy who delivers what he promises.

City
    Camarillo
    Thanks maico805..... I am actually still looking! I know everyone says John Woods is the man but he is a bit too far away. I'll check Ultimate Truck Perf out, preciate the contact...!

City
    Chino Hills
    Its still a little ways from you but Remac Transmission in San Dimas does all our transmissions. 909-592-1006 ask for Leo.

City
    Camarillo
    Thanks DomesticD..... I'll check into your contact if I find a dead end out here in Ventura area.

City
    Moorpark
    go to ultimate truck in camarillo, they specialize in powerstrokes, they are swapping motors in my truck as we speak. ask for morgan, tell him mike dillehay sent you. they do very good work and know powertstrokes.period. if you need any contact info shoot me a pm.

and only trans should be a john wood. he will ship a trans though so you dont have to go there.
    Last edited by bigrpowr; 01-11-2013 at 06:52 PM.
    2008 6.4l F-250 CC/SB 4x4
    12.30 @ 110
    791/1550

purchased from Bobby Williams of Sunrise Ford in Fontana. great truck with incredible customer service.

Thread Information