Diesel Tech

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rev-x

SoCAPS Sponsor
    City
    Buena Park

Rev-x

What do you all think about rev-x?? I have used it with great success but the biggest complaint is the price!

City
    Lakewood
    I've got a couple of bottles that I got for 50% off through a contest, but I'm waiting for my next oil change to try it out. I'm not having any stiction problems, but I'm curious to see if I can tell any difference at all with anything.
    '06 F250 KR CC SB 4WD

Bulletproof EGR cooler
    Dieselsite Coolant Filter
    ARP studs
    Garrett Powermax
    Special thanks to Domestic Diesel Shop and Riffraff Diesel Performance
    NHRDA #4698

9/21/54 - 9/25/09

SoCAPS Sponsor
    City
    Buena Park
    You will be surprised!!! They do run better!!!!!

SoCAPS Member
    City
    Northridge
    I have used Rev-X and have noticed my truck running smoother although I had no stiction problems. Just like you Matt I don't like the price so I am going to try "Archoil 9100" which is a similar product that contains the same ingredients, but its a lot cheaper. I already have it and am going to add it on my next oil change.

Mario.
    Last edited by Ignorant1; 06-17-2012 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Grammar

SoCAPS Member
    City
    Bonita
    Mario,

Please let us know how the AR9100 works for you.

We have received many reports of good results and great testimonies
    2006, F-350, 6.0, 4x4, Lariat, Crew Cab, Long Bed
    Leer model 180 bed cap
    Ranch Hand Legend grille guard
    DC Power Engineering 140amp alternator
    MagnaFlow 4" turbo back muffler & exhaust system
    Firestone #2400 Ride-Rite rear air bags
    Isspro four gauge pillar set
    HID Bi-Xenon headlights
    Blue spring modification
    Accufab intake elbow
    DFuser coolant filter
    Bilsteins all around
    HFCM drain plug
    Up-idle switch
    Fumoto valve
    Zoodad

City
    Reseda
    on my 6.0s i used REV X because the rough running and no power when cold, i was very surprised that it cleared up instantly the next day, it is pricy so if there is an = at a lower price that would be great!
    2011 KR CC Dually 4X4 Royal Red
    2005 Eddie Bauer Ex 4X4
    2005 KR CC Dually Copper 4X4
    2006 KR CC Dually T Blue 4X4
    All bought at Sunrise Ford thru B,Williams

SoCAPS Member
    City
    Bonita
    Stmpdust,

Here's a long thread that offers a lot of information. The general conclusion is "yes", there is another product that does what Rev-X does, and maybe even more at half the cost. It's Archoil's AR9100.

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forum...d.php?t=112058
    Leer model 180 bed cap
    HID Bi-Xenon headlights
    Blue spring modification
    Accufab intake elbow
    DFuser coolant filter
    Bilsteins all around
    HFCM drain plug
    Up-idle switch
    Fumoto valve
    Zoodad

SoCAPS Member
    City
    Whittier
    I ran Rev-X for one oil cycle, but it was put in after injectors were replaced so I can't make any rational claims for or against it. That was with 15W/40 conventional. I had ran 5W/40 synthetic for a couple of years before that. For now I'm sticking with 15W/40 conventional, and with the money saved by not buying synthetic I am adding a pint of AR9100. My winter morning starts have been clean with this combo, and a lot less money than Rev-X.
    Bill
    2006 F250 6.0 SCLB Auto

SoCAPS Member
    City
    San Diego
    Would it be too late to use any of these products if I am already experiencing the loss of power and hesitation?

SoCAPS Member
    City
    Bonita
    HMC250,
    It's never too late. You can't hurt anything, only improve it. Or, you may have problem/s not related to oil or fuel - if that's the case, an additive may not help you.
    Leer model 180 bed cap
    HID Bi-Xenon headlights
    Blue spring modification
    Accufab intake elbow
    DFuser coolant filter
    Bilsteins all around
    HFCM drain plug
    Up-idle switch
    Fumoto valve
    Zoodad

SoCAPS Member
    City
    Whittier
    Quote Originally Posted by HMC250 View Post
    Would it be too late to use any of these products if I am already experiencing the loss of power and hesitation?
    That's the only time I would use it. Why use it before you have problems?

It is fairly expensive, and it is only going to help if you are having injector stiction. So you might want to have a contribution test run at a shop (one of our sponsor shops for example) and see if an injector is showing weak, high or low. If so, then Rev-X might help bring it back. Injectors are even more expensive, and sometimes they can be brought back, according to reports. It didn't help mine at all.
    Bill
    2006 F250 6.0 SCLB Auto

SoCAPS Member
    City
    San Diego
    Occasional cold rough starts. I notice the "hesitation" around 40-60MPH. Sometimes at idol also. Don't feel like spending $3K on injectors but if I have to I will BP it also.

City
    Big Bear City
    I currently run Archoil in my truck. The oil additive and fuel additive. I was excited to try it to hopefully
    make my truck run better and help out. There has been no change. I have about 3000 miles on it with using the additives and honestly can't see a lick of difference.
    2003 F-350 7.3L PSD, 6 speed man, 4x4,c.c. long bed, 6" fabtech lift, 4"RBP exhaust, 4.30 gears, ATS housing/wicked wheel,DP Tuner,hi-idle,40,60,80,100,120, autometer boost/pyro, firestone airbags,

SoCAPS Member
    City
    Bonita
    If it's not broke yet, it's called preventative maintenance:

The Ford 7.3 & 6.0 Powerstroke are the only engines that use a Hydraulic Electronic Unit Injector System (HEUI).
    This is quite rare and unique in that is uses the crankcase engine oil to pressurize and "operate" the fuel injector.

Extreme heat helps in creating a varnish causing "injector stiction". It is also prone to erratic injector timing resulting in smoke, low power and poor overall performance.

The 6.0 & 7.3 Powerstroke series has a high occurrence of spool valve stiction, erratic injector timing and premature injector failure. This is an issue in 6.0 & 7.3 engines regardless of the synthetic or regular diesel oil rating or how often the oil is changed.

There are legitimate concerns regarding the hi-pressure oil side of the 6.0 & 7.3 HEUI fuel injection system. No other diesel engine uses its motor oil up to 4000 psi and forces it into a nearly microscopic orifice inside the fuel injector.

The 6.0 & 7.3 engine oil needs help beyond what is currently offered in diesel rated motor oils. ARCHOIL AR9100 is the help it needs to restore and maintain 6.0 & 7.3 HEUI injector systems. As an added benefit AR9100 will reduce friction, prolonging engine life and run quieter.

AR9100 Nanoborate Friction Modifier to lower fluid system coefficient of friction to 0.037, anti-corrosive and EP agent, maintains engine free of deposits and sludge, improves MPG, lowers operating temperatures, double oil drain cycle and increases HP.

AR9100 contains various esters which dissolves carbon and varnish, a solution for POWERSTROKE injector stiction which is the accumulation of carbon and varnish deposits in the injector spool valve resulting in a performance drop, hard starts, drop in fuel economy, injector failure, etc.

AR9100 restores the injectors to OEM performance.
    Leer model 180 bed cap
    HID Bi-Xenon headlights
    Blue spring modification
    Accufab intake elbow
    DFuser coolant filter
    Bilsteins all around
    HFCM drain plug
    Up-idle switch
    Fumoto valve
    Zoodad

SoCAPS Sponsor
    City
    Buena Park
    I have used rev-x with great success ony customers trucks knowing whether it's a stiction issue or something else is what needs to be determined I won't put rev-x in if I know it won't help but using occasionally as preventive maint, is what generally extends injector life turbo life and engine life!!! If you have an injector problem electronically it won't help only replacement will work my excursion runs smoother and power delivery is better!! I've ran with it and without it I like it better with it!!!

Thread Information