LongATVRamps.com

Thread: Your Suggestions/Ideas Are Needed

City
    Glendale

Question Your Suggestions/Ideas Are Needed

As you know, SoCAPS has four "official" club meetings a year (we plan one meeting per quarter) and several smaller meetings that members can set up on their own.

We are a family oriented club and attempt to balance the meetings between diesel/truck events and family/social get togethers.

We have planned events all over Southern California to accommodate all our members and where they live.

Here are some of the events and locations where we have had meetings:
    Sunrise Ford, Fontana (our anniversary meetings)
    Castaic Lake (barbecue, picnic)
    Advanced Flow Engineering-AFE (intake air manufacturer - Corona)
    Toys For Trucks (aftermarket/custom parts)
    Rolling Big Power (Aftermarket/custom parts)
    Lake Elsinore (barbecue, picnic, camping, boating)
    J & D Performance (dyno, aftermarket parts)
    Wine Tasting and Barbecue - Temecula
    Rancho/Tenneco Suspension Manufacturing Plant (Long Beach)
    Poker Runs (Fontana to Las Vegas - over night)
    Diversified Minerals (equipment manufacturing plant - Oxnard)
    Turbonetics (turbo manufacturing plant - Simi Valley)
    Deaver Springs (after market/custom suspensions - Santa Ana)
    Diesel Tech (diesel truck repair and custom work - San Jacinto)
    OC Diesel Shop (diesel truck repair and custom work - Orange County)
    Sound Advice (aftermarket truck sound and video - Mission Viejo)
    LACR Drag Races (drag racing competition - Saugas)
    STC Performance Truck & RV (aftermarket custom work - Santa Fe Springs)
    Diesel Hot Rod Association event at the Las Vegas Speedway

We are always looking for new locations and companies to host our meetings.

If you have a suggestion for a location or type of event for a meeting, please let us know by posting below or send me a PM.

Your suggestion/idea will be considered and may result in a meeting.
    Conventional locations and companies are always welcome, but wild and crazy and "out of the box" ideas will also be considered.

So, let us know your thinking!!

Note: We are also always looking for new sponsors. If you know of a potential sponsor, please tell us about them. You can post in this thread or PM me or BWilliams with the info!

We look forward to your input!!! :)

2012 F350 PSD Lariet SuperCab 2X2, long bed, TriPlatinum White, all the extras
    (Bobby Williams Sale...Sunrise Ford Fontana Great Deal...Thanks)

(Traded In) 2005 F350 PSD Lariet Supercab Duallie, auto, 4.10, all the extras. (Bobby Williams Sale) Anti-Gremlin Bell hanging off front suspension, Putco Boss 4" S/S nerf bars, Velvet Ride shackles, Bull Ring tie downs, C-Btr Mirrors, muffler delete, aftermarket intake elbow.

(Sold) 2000 F350 PSD XLT Supercab Duallie

City
    San Dimas
    Here's a couple quickies off the top of my head.....Have not made any calls yet for group information, but need to see if anyone is interested.

Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles, CA
    Petersen Automotive Museum

Nethercutt Collection/Museum in Sylmar, CA
    The Nethercutt Collection

Both are car museums and not truck/diesel specific stuff but great places for car nuts to visit.

The other option would be a club night at Toyota Speedway. I sent them an email to get current information, but the last time I was there for a club night, we all got to park right next to the grandstands so that people could check out the trucks, 2 parade laps around the track before the races started, and 2 free tickets per truck to get into the races. I will update when I get an email back with more info.
    RIP Muley 9-25-09
    You're ridin with the best now!

1999 F-250 XLT Crew Cab Short Box

4X4 7.3L Powerstroke
    Born On: 2-15-99

Specs:
    Tranny by JW, DP Tuner F5, ITP RR, Terminated, Walbro 392, 6637 Intake, On-Board Air, Full Kicker System, Kenwood Touchscreen DVD, Python 990, Much More To Come.....

Sponsored By: Terminator Engineering, Magic Smoke Performance, Riffraff Diesel Performance

"ALLGAVESOME, SOMEGAVEALL"

City
    Glendale

Thumbs up

Nathan........

"Nethercutt Collection/Museum in Sylmar, CA"

Great suggestion!! I had been there a couple of times long ago and used to know the head administrator!

I'll look into it (and The Petersen)! Lots of interesting stuff for everyone!

Thanks!! :)

(Traded In) 2005 F350 PSD Lariet Supercab Duallie, auto, 4.10, all the extras. (Bobby Williams Sale) Anti-Gremlin Bell hanging off front suspension, Putco Boss 4" S/S nerf bars, Velvet Ride shackles, Bull Ring tie downs, C-Btr Mirrors, muffler delete, aftermarket intake elbow.

City
    ** OTHER **
    How about getting the Poker Run going again? December just to late in the year.

Westech Dyno day.

Local Beach for BBQ.

I have a contact for S&B filters.

SoCAPS Member

Cool Joe of JCIndustries

I am new to socaps and I am having a hard time setting up my site, is there a sheet on how to navigate through the site, like adding pictures and send notes, becoming a active member rather than a stranger? I am old school because, I am old, 60 now but think I am 20.can you help? thanks

City
    Moreno Valley
    Joe, you can go to the FAQ tab and click on it. Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links or the search box to find your way around. you will see:

General Forum Usage
    Setting and Profile Features
    Reading and Posting Messages

Good luck and welcome..you can also go the the chit chat or new member forum to ask any questions about the site.
    <font color="navy">Ken</font><br>
    <br>
    2011 F350 XLT CC 6.7 PSD 4X4 BAJA Limo IV<br>
    Oxford White, BFGs, E-Locker, Steel &amp; Black Interior, Sync Equipped, Integrated 5th Wheel Tow Package, Icon Coil Springs &amp; Shocks, Firestone Airbags, FUEL Off Road Throttle Wheels, BFG All Terrain Tires, N-Fab Nerf Bar Steps, Line-X Spray in Bed Liner,Aries Brush Guard. Just getting started.<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    (SOLD)2006 F350 XLT CC 6.0 PSD FX4 BAJA Limo III<br>
    Metalic Silver, 2-1/2" Donahoe Racing Leveling Kit, 35" BFG A/Ts Black Moto Metal 957s Nerf Bar Steps, Light Bar W/ Hella 500s &amp; KC 130W DayLighters, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel 33ft Extreme RV Toyhauler JSC Sandrail<br>
    61000Mi Ran like new.<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    (SOLD) 2005 F350 XLT CC 6.0 PSD FX4 "New Baja Limo" DK Grey, Dual Alternators, MBRP Exhaust System, Nerf Bar Steps, Rhino Lined Bed, 5th Wheel 33ft Extreme RV Toyhauler JSC Sandrail <br>
    36500 Mi.......... Ran Like New<br>
    <br>
    (SOLD)1996 F-350 CC 7.3 PSD 4X4 Baja Limo,Oxford White Banks Chip &amp; Trans Command-Triple Disk Torque Converter 4:10s <br>
    Down Pipe-Deleted Cat- Open Element Intake-Rancho 9000s 5th Wheel 33ft Extreme Toyhauler JSC Sandrail 208000mi........Still ran like new<br>
    <br>
    <font color="#000080"></font>

City
    Lakewood
    Quote Originally Posted by sanger View Post
    How about getting the Poker Run going again? December just to late in the year.

Westech Dyno day.

Local Beach for BBQ.

I have a contact for S&B filters.
    I'm ready for any one of these! Maybe a poker run with stops at a few of our sponsor's locations?
    '06 F250 KR CC SB 4WD

Bulletproof EGR cooler
    Dieselsite Coolant Filter
    ARP studs
    Garrett Powermax
    Special thanks to Domestic Diesel Shop and Riffraff Diesel Performance
    NHRDA #4698

9/21/54 - 9/25/09

City
    Huntington Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveBricks View Post
    I'm ready for any one of these! Maybe a poker run with stops at a few of our sponsor's locations?

I second this

City
    San Jacinto
    yes december poker run would be good.

City
    Glendale

Smile

I like the Poker Runs...but the recent participation (to be blunt) has been piss poor!!!!
    The last Poker Run (4th Annual) was held on August 21, 2011 and only 9 trucks signed up (and, of course, less than that actually showed up!!)
    The Run was a local run to area sponsors...not the overnight ones like in the past to Las Vegas.
    I had asked for some members to help out with the Run...I needed a minimum of three "Dealers", two people volunteered!!

I'd love to do a Poker Run, but I just don't see the participation.
    For a successful Run, I'd like to see 20 trucks running, and at least 5 volunteers to help with the event.

Believe me, I look at and evaluate all your suggestions!!
    I thought a good one from Loren at Diesel Tech was the tour of the Aircraft Carrier berthed in San Diego...but when I looked into it, it cost $25 per person to get on board (for a family of two adults and two kids, that was $100 and then add dinner and fuel...), and there were no guided tours on the weekends. Plus a lot of us would like to spend the night plus dinner. I felt the whole package became too expensive for a non guided tour.

I also looked into a tour of the Battleship Iowa, berthed here in Los Angeles. At this time, there are no guided tours.

So, I'm trying to come up with events and really need and appreciate your suggestions.
    And, in addition to suggestions, if anyone would like to help out setting up an event, your help would sure be appreciated!!!
    Last edited by Samuel1941; 10-02-2012 at 09:03 AM.

City
    Ramona
    How about a visit to Full-Traction Suspension. They are a bit far north but it should be worth the trip, they offer 4 link conversions for those of us with leaf sprung front ends and undoubtedly bad @ss metal fab shop.

Full-Traction Suspension
    6951 McDivitt Dr.
    Bakersfield CA 93313
    05 motor swap, H11 headstuds, Garrett Powermax Turbo, Regulated Fuel Return, 190cc 8 hole injectors, elite EGR delete, fs2500, Royal Purple, 5" Exhaust, Zoodad mod, Snow Performance Stage 3, Fluidamper Harmonic Balancer, Full Billet Trany, Accufab Intake Elbow, Coolant return lines, Coolant Filter, 5k 55w HID in Head lights/fog lights, 4 pod A-Pillar, CAT Coolant

Thread Information