Domestic Diesel & Auto Service

Thread: Where should I NOT take my PSD?

SoCAPS Member

Where should I NOT take my PSD?

First post and a new member. I've done a portion of the Mojave Rd. from Baker to Goff's with nothing more than a little mesquite pinstripping. Are there any well known trails that I shouldn't even attempt if I want to keep the body straight? Mostly interested in California trails, but any related info is great too.

Thanks,

Todd

City
    arizona
    What mods do you have to your truck? Lift, tires, lockers, and body armor?
    89 Ranger W/2.9L of FURY!:yay:

City
    Big Bear City
    I live up in Big Bear and there are some great trails and fire roads. There are some tight trails that Jeeps hardly fit.
    MY TRUCKS YouTube Vids

1996 F350 XLT CREW CAB 4x4 5 speed,AB CODE CALI TRUCK, 4.10 LS rear, SMFW modified by Southbend Clutch, 4 inch straight pipe, IDM MOD BY ME, down pipe, boost and pyro gauges, personal open element air filter, ORU reverse shackle kit, Bilsteins, 305/75 Pro Comp A/T

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

SoCAPS Member
    City
    Irvine
    +1 Big Bear.

I have found the size of my SD to be more limiting than its 4x4 ability. Amazon has some great off-road trail books, look up authors Massey and Wells.

Just don't take your SD on any trails named after construction equipment or have the words "hell" or "death" in them.
    2000 F250 Lariat 4x4 CrewCab. Rancho leveling lift with 315's.
    Ford Communications, Western Region

SoCAPS Member
    My truck's still a stock 2007 F250 FX4, 6.0L PSD. Planning on a leveling lift this summer when I get the 33's. Most of my wheeling is either Dove Springs, Mojave, or Ocotillo Wells after I drop off the toys.

SoCAPS Member
    My favorite book so far is "The Mojave Road" by David Casabeir. It's the official trail guide with lots of Native American info on petroglyphs and Cavalry history.

City
    Fillmore
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonC View Post
    +1 Big Bear.

I have found the size of my SD to be more limiting than its 4x4 ability. Amazon has some great off-road trail books, look up authors Massey and Wells.

Just don't take your SD on any trails named after construction equipment or have the words "hell" or "death" in them.
    Or "Hammer"....
    Jim

2004 F-350 4X4 Lariat Crewcab Longbed 6.0 PSD
    5-Speed Auto., Med. Wedgewood Blue/Silver, 3.73 Limited Slip, Camper Package, Linex Bedliner, MBRP 4" turbo Back Stainless Exhaust, Spearco Intercooler (thanks Turbonetics). Built 7/03 Engine 7/16/03

1994 F-350 4X4 XLT Crewcab Longbed 7.3 IDI Auto RIP:(

1997 F-350 4X4 XLT Crewcab Longbed 7.3 PSD Auto w/ lots o bells and whistles

City
    San Dimas
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
    just don't take your sd on any trails named after construction equipment or have the words "hell" or "death" in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by swanee View Post
    or "hammer"....
    RIP Muley 9-25-09
    You're ridin with the best now!

1999 F-250 XLT Crew Cab Short Box

4X4 7.3L Powerstroke
    Born On: 2-15-99

Specs:
    Tranny by JW, DP Tuner F5, ITP RR, Terminated, Walbro 392, 6637 Intake, On-Board Air, Full Kicker System, Kenwood Touchscreen DVD, Python 990, Much More To Come.....

Sponsored By: Terminator Engineering, Magic Smoke Performance, Riffraff Diesel Performance

"ALLGAVESOME, SOMEGAVEALL"

Thread Information