DP-Tuner

Thread: Diesel Tech-Thanks

SoCAPS Member

Diesel Tech-Thanks

Last weekend I drove my wife's excursion and heard a strange vibration noise under the hood of her Excursion. I popped the hood and found two concerning things. 1. the degas bottle was empty and 2. It was deformed from heat. I found the cause of the noise and it was the degas bottle vibrating, but I realized I had bigger problems. I added a 1 1/2 gallons and took it for a spin. Came home popped the hood and found that the coolant had changed colors from gold to blackish brown. I thought it was diesel fuel in the coolant and started searching this site and read the worst. (cracked head)

9000 miles back I had done studs, egr cooler, oil cooler, and turbo at Diesel Tech and had a great experience so I had it towed 80 miles to San Jacinto. Shortly after it got there I got a call from Loren and he told me it wasn't fuel in the coolant, but a clogged oil cooler that caused the coolant to get so hot that it burned it. The part was still under warrantee from Ford, but I was fully expecting to pay the labor. It wasn't Diesel Tech's fault the part was faulty.

I picked up the Excursion last night and there was no charge for the oil cooler part or labor. The integrity and workmanship of Loren and his team at Diesel Tech amazes me. I won't take my truck any place other than there. Thanks Loren.

City
    Claremont
    Way to go diesel tech :)
    http://community.webshots.com/user/socapsmikey

1997 F350 Crew Cab People ask me what i do for a living, I simply tell them ''I AM CRISIS MANAGEMENT COUNSELOR SPECIALIZING IN THE HVAC FIELD''

City
    Chino Hills
    I see how it is now. It's your wife's Excursion when there's a problem with it. :) Nice to hear you're back on the road Jeff, great job Diesel Tech.

I think you need to bring your boys and your Excursion to the meeting at Sunrise Ford on March 13th.

SoCAPS Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Southwind View Post
    I see how it is now. It's your wife's Excursion when there's a problem with it. :) Nice to hear you're back on the road Jeff, great job Diesel Tech.

I think you need to bring your boys and your Excursion to the meeting at Sunrise Ford on March 13th.
    I think you're right. They'd love it.

Quote Originally Posted by 79howard View Post
    The integrity and workmanship of Loren and his team at Diesel Tech amazes me. I won't take my truck any place other than there.
    Ditto

Thread Information