Ok, I am ordering through Bobby and we have chatted about getting the 10 or waiting for 6 months and jumping on the 11.
I understand the power, torque and more $$ issues. He gave me some good insight which he being in the business for so long, I value.
On that note.. every and any pro or con you can think of, throw out. The more I can get the more I can truly dissimenate and make a final decision on this. I know I win either way. Along with what I have stated, I end up sitting on the fifthwheel until late next summer, driving my Jeep Rubicon, which I love anyway,
I am thinkin aloud here. I could go through the tweeks with the new engine even though I sat the first 6 months of production out. maybe not.. maybe all the kinks are worked out.. or baked in as they say in the markets.
I am also thinking by waiting that the emissions auto idle shut down and the Nav will work together being a completely new engine and exhaust system. If I buy now.. it will not and I sacrifice an ammenity I was looking forward to.
As far as overall strenght of the F-450 itself, I do not think I loose any. If anything, I could gain with new power specs.
Ok, here is where the rest of you come in. If you can think of something, anything.. please post it no matter how minor a detail, I will sift through them all. I do not mind a bunch of homework. I did it on both my other trucks and it paid off. Down the road I will pay it forward as that is how we all learn. As I have said the more I can put on the plate the more I get to chow on, the more I get to think about. It comforts me knowing that every little thing possible was considered and the decision is based on as many perimeters as can be vetted out.
I would hate to purchase and think.. well I should have considered that. I think you all know what I am saying. it is a major purchase and I really want to make sure to as close to without a doubt I made the right move...even though either is a damn fine move.. fellow Fordmen and women!!
Thank you team Diesel