Diesel Tech

Thread: 7.3 to 6.0 IC upgrade

City
    Palmdale

7.3 to 6.0 IC upgrade

Has anyone tried using the stock boots from a 7.3 IC on a 6.0 IC. I was thinking of making it fit by stretching it over the 3.25 OD on the 6.0.
    I know I need a tappered boot 3.0 ID to 3.25 ID for the upgrade but if I can use the stock one then I will.
    BTW, do I need to remove the radiator?

Thanks.
    EARLY 99' F350 7.3 CC 4X4 LB. DRW. FABTECH 3.5" LIFT - AUTOMETER BOOST, PYRO, TRANS, WATER, OIL TEMP, FUEL & AIR PRESSURE - WW2 - AIS INTAKE - 4" SS MBRP TURBO BACK - JOHN WOOD TRANS - RIFFRAFF BOOTS - 6.0 TRANS COOLER - CCV MOD - PROVENT 200 - DP TUNER NO TART, STOCK, 40T, 60T, 60E, 80E, 120 RACE - DIEHARD PLATINUM BATTERIES - 35" BFG A/T - FOX RESEVOIR SHOCKS - UPGRADED POST 99' 10MM HUB ASSY'S - SLOTTED BRAKE ROTORS - EBC YELLOW STUFF PADS - MAG-HYTEC TRANS PAN & DIFFERENTIAL COVERS - ITP SS HP-X - ITP REGULATED RETURN - HEATER BYPASS VALVE - AIRDOG - DIESELSITE COOLANT FILTER - DIESELSITE 203* TS WITH BILLET HOUSING - DIESELSITE EXTERNAL TRANS FILTER - FUMOTO VALVE - DC PERF 190 AMP ALTERNAOR - ONBOARD AIR - HORN BLASTERS - AND LOTS OF 08'-13' LARIAT UPGRADES.

City
    Big Bear City
    I did it 2 years ago. You will be better off if you go ahead and just buy the boots made to do it. I think Dieselsite sells the retrofit boots for the swap. I was able to keep the radiator in. All I did was tilt it back towards the fan. Just be careful to not push it into the fan. It was an easy job and having the right boots was worth the cost.
    MY TRUCKS YouTube Vids

1996 F350 XLT CREW CAB 4x4 5 speed,AB CODE CALI TRUCK, 4.10 LS rear, SMFW modified by Southbend Clutch, 4 inch straight pipe, IDM MOD BY ME, down pipe, boost and pyro gauges, personal open element air filter, ORU reverse shackle kit, Bilsteins, 305/75 Pro Comp A/T

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

City
    Palmdale
    Dieselsite has the boot swap for about $155.00 including the shipping.
    And I'm only paying $125.00 for the 6.0 IC. ::I guess I'll just have to.
    EARLY 99' F350 7.3 CC 4X4 LB. DRW. FABTECH 3.5" LIFT - AUTOMETER BOOST, PYRO, TRANS, WATER, OIL TEMP, FUEL & AIR PRESSURE - WW2 - AIS INTAKE - 4" SS MBRP TURBO BACK - JOHN WOOD TRANS - RIFFRAFF BOOTS - 6.0 TRANS COOLER - CCV MOD - PROVENT 200 - DP TUNER NO TART, STOCK, 40T, 60T, 60E, 80E, 120 RACE - DIEHARD PLATINUM BATTERIES - 35" BFG A/T - FOX RESEVOIR SHOCKS - UPGRADED POST 99' 10MM HUB ASSY'S - SLOTTED BRAKE ROTORS - EBC YELLOW STUFF PADS - MAG-HYTEC TRANS PAN & DIFFERENTIAL COVERS - ITP SS HP-X - ITP REGULATED RETURN - HEATER BYPASS VALVE - AIRDOG - DIESELSITE COOLANT FILTER - DIESELSITE 203* TS WITH BILLET HOUSING - DIESELSITE EXTERNAL TRANS FILTER - FUMOTO VALVE - DC PERF 190 AMP ALTERNAOR - ONBOARD AIR - HORN BLASTERS - AND LOTS OF 08'-13' LARIAT UPGRADES.

City
    Big Bear City
    It is soooo worth it. All new boots and you should do the CCV mod at the same time to keep the oil out of the IC and boots.
    MY TRUCKS YouTube Vids

1996 F350 XLT CREW CAB 4x4 5 speed,AB CODE CALI TRUCK, 4.10 LS rear, SMFW modified by Southbend Clutch, 4 inch straight pipe, IDM MOD BY ME, down pipe, boost and pyro gauges, personal open element air filter, ORU reverse shackle kit, Bilsteins, 305/75 Pro Comp A/T

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.

City
    Palmdale
    CCV mod done...........

City
    Palmdale
    BTW, what kind of drop should I see in EGT's.

City
    Big Bear City
    I saw maybe 100 or so on average. But in all honesty I dont know really. When I did that I happen to kill 2 turbos and between all the swaps and what not, I really dont think I remember. I hear that it is really noticible under towing but since I never tow with the EX I have no idea...
    MY TRUCKS YouTube Vids

1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.

Thread Information