PDA

View Full Version : Toys for Tots and Support Our Troops (new)

weweld
11-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Sorry for having to cancel the Poker run but it seemed like the right thing to do for the conditions we have right now. I would like your help in doing a Toys for Tots drive along with a Support the Troops drive. We will post the dates and locations of the get togethers so that you can bring your stuff.

The Toys for Tots drive is just that , bring an unwrapped toy for a child and we will get them to a local radio station that is having the toy drives.

The Support the Troops drive is collecting stuff for the troops in Iraq.
Popcorn
Notebooks
Pens
MAGAZINES
Deodorant
Washing Powder
Goldfish!! Or Cheez-Its
Beef Jerky
Headphones or portable speakers...
Home baked stuff like cookies , candies , rice krispy treats
good coffee
creamers
sugar
Starkist lunch to go
Kool-aid
Shake n' run or Crystal Light drink mix you add to bottled water
Cheese in a squirt can
Gummy worms and bears
Baby Wipes
Christmas cards thanking them for their service so we can enjoy what we have here at home

Anything you can think of that they might want or need bring it I will make sure that it gets there.

We need to get this done rather quickly so that I can get it in the mail so that they will get it before Christmas. I would like to get the troops stuff in the mail on Dec 8. The toys will need to be collected by the week of Dec 15 so please help if you can.

Anybody that wants to hold a get together for this just post up the date , time and location for us in Club News and Ideas. If you collect the stuff but cannot get it to a radio station or you have stuff for the troops just let me know and I will come pick it up from you.

If you have any questions about this ask away here or you can pm me or call me , I will send anybody my number that needs to call.

POWERSTROKEMIKE
11-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Just for your info.. i'm Helping Gene out with the Toys for Tots an gifts for Our Service men an women... If you cant make it to Gene's drop off location.. i'm in Pomona area.. an will be holding a few meeting place's to drop off items.. which i will be taking to Gene's shop.. just let me know.. either pm me or leave a message on this posting. or let Gene know an he will get hold of me

Thanks..

weweld
11-20-2008, 10:52 AM
The troop list is in the first post

RICHARD @ LINE-X CV
11-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Gene, What Is Your Work Address So I Can Drop Off My Toys?

weweld
11-29-2008, 08:08 PM
1135 E. Wooley Rd.

Go south on Rose till you get to Wooley turn right go thru the traffic light at Pacific and we are just past Gill's Onions on the right.

4WPTEMECULA
11-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Gene, don't know if I'm too late but I could get you a couple cases of "Off Road Adventures" www.oramagazine.com (http://www.oramagazine.com) don't know if you are familiar with it, it's our parent company's national free publication. Has some good stuff in it including the "in touch with our troops" section. Let me know if you want em, I can have them shipped from Compton on Monday or Tuesday you should have them by Wednesday. See if I can get some toys too, have to see if we have any left in stock on monday. We quit carrying toys a few months ago but we might still have some on the shelf.
Trevor
tem@4wheelparts.com

weweld
11-30-2008, 12:12 AM
That would be great Trevor you can ship them to the shop

Gene Feldhans
1135 E. Wooley Rd.
Oxnard CA 93030

Thanks for your help and anyone can ship stuff to this address

weweld
11-30-2008, 12:16 AM
:usa: Don't forget :usa:

I will be holding a get together at a local In and Out Burger

25220 N. The Old Road
Newhall, California 91321

This is the one off Interstate 5 at Lyons Exit
on Thursday night December 4 at 7:30 till I get tired and go home. Bring an unwrapped gift for a child. and something for the troops.

The Support the Troops drive is collecting stuff for the troops in Iraq.
Popcorn
Notebooks
Pens
MAGAZINES
Deodorant
Washing Powder
Goldfish!! Or Cheez-Its
Beef Jerky
Headphones or portable speakers...
Home baked stuff like cookies , candies , rice krispy treats
good coffee
creamers
sugar
Starkist lunch to go
Kool-aid
Shake n' run or Crystal Light drink mix you add to bottled water
Cheese in a squirt can
Gummy worms and bears
Baby Wipes
Christmas cards thanking them for their service so we can enjoy what we have here at home

Anything you can think of that they might want or need bring it I will make sure that it gets there.

weweld
12-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Thursday night anyone else coming out :confused:

I know times are hard be there are some who have a lot less than we do.

Kids with no toys for Christmas is heart breaking.

The Troops need to know we support them

PLEASE HELP

hotstik
12-02-2008, 01:10 AM
I plan on being there.

Thumperer
12-02-2008, 05:54 AM
I'll be there, Gene.

fullboost
12-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Tj and I should be there too Gene.

300k7.3
12-02-2008, 04:55 PM
im going gene weather im in my psd or not.im gonna get sammy and a few other of my friends to go as well.i hope that that this turn out will be as good as the last turn out at in n out in valincia. :)

POWERSTROKEMIKE
12-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Sandshark an I will prob show up :)

97rattlebox
12-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Gonna try my best to make it.

weweld
12-02-2008, 09:55 PM
:yay: :yay: This is starting to sound like it is going to be a GOOD ONE :yay: :yay:

Thumperer
12-02-2008, 10:07 PM
:yay: :yay: This is starting to sound like it is going to be a GOOD ONE :yay: :yay:
Should be better than Oxnard, anyway.

STC73
12-02-2008, 10:23 PM
I will try and be there........

weweld
12-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Should be better than Oxnard, anyway.

Oxnard wasn't bad filled the back seat of my truck :yay: :yay: :yay:

Covina was a no show :banghead: That one wasn't so good :jawdrop:

Thumperer
12-03-2008, 06:03 AM
Oh, I thought you said no one showed at oxnard.

DieselDawg626
12-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Well I'll def. be there, my wife, kids and I have been baking goodies since yesterday so I'll see ya there :usa:.....oh yeah and I picked up some toys for the toys for tots drive.

weweld
12-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Sounds GREAT

weweld
12-04-2008, 05:45 PM
:yay: :yay:This is the night SEE YA THERE :yay: :yay:

RICHARD @ LINE-X CV
12-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Leaving Right Now!!! See Ya There.

weweld
12-07-2008, 03:59 PM
A BIG THANK YOU FOR ALL WHO SHOWED

This will make a difference in some little kids CHRISTMAS

The :usa: TROOPS :usa: should enjoy all the goodies and toiletries and writing supplies that we are sending

Thumperer
12-07-2008, 07:22 PM
A BIG THANK YOU FOR ALL WHO SHOWED

This will make a difference in some little kids CHRISTMAS

The :usa: TROOPS :usa: should enjoy all the goodies and toiletries and writing supplies that we are sending
No problem, Gene. It was good to see everyone again.

weweld
12-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Just to let everyone know I took a pallet of toys 4'x4'x4' to our local radio station for the Toys for Tots drive.

I also shipped 113 pounds of goods over to our Troops

THANKS to EVERYONE that helped out here

POWERSTROKEMIKE
12-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks Gene.. Next Year We Will Better..