PDA

View Full Version : Calico Clean-up February 16

K5Cruiser
02-11-2008, 11:20 AM
The Calico Clean-up is this Saturday, February 16. For those that don't know, Calico is off the 15 Fwy near Barstow (conveniently on the way to Vegas). Besides being a great spot to do some wheeling, there are also plenty of caves / mines to scout, and trails to hike on.

This event is a great way to show your support for keeping our off-road areas open. I saw from the registration list that only one other SoCAPS member had signed up, and that's Hans. Check out the link I've attached and I hope that more of you will sign up for this event.

http://www.calicocleanup.com/

Thumperer
02-11-2008, 05:46 PM
I usually work saturdays but if I don't I will try to come up.

BOONE
02-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Howdy, just joined the club today. Would love to come down and participate in the cleanup and other activities but already have plans for this weekend. I'll keep checking back for the next event!See ya'll.

SteveBricks
02-11-2008, 08:18 PM
I'll be there. Going out Friday around noon and coming back Saturday evening.It should be a lot of fun.

Look for a Black King Ranch with a Snug-Top. That will be me!

K5Cruiser
02-12-2008, 11:22 PM
I'll keep an eye out for you Steve.

Anyone planning on attending this, don't forget to register on the website which I linked in the first post. Also, Saturday morning you must register in person as well. In other words, register online and in person. Hope we get a few more people to attend this event and represent SoCAPS.

Hans-Aka SLick
02-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi fellow diesel heads!

I'll be there too. A new staging area is the municipal park at 831 Barstow Road just north of the I-15. Last year it was in a dust bowl of a place, but still fun. I'll be wearing my SOCAPS T-Shirt. It is a great way to get involved in protecting our access to off road facilities. I don't off road, but I am an x dirt biker/motocross rider so I can appreciate how important the political ramifications of this event is. BLM is there too, and they showed gratitude that so many people cared. I was personally thanked for my work by a BLM agent last time, that was way back on the trails, Made me feel real good to be helping out.

Hope we see many SOCAPS guys there!

Hans :D

SteveBricks
02-15-2008, 11:32 AM
I'll be looking for you, Hans. I'll have on my new raffle shirt from Diesel Tech (thanks, Loren). Should be out there by three or so this afternoon.