PDA

View Full Version : San Girgonio Sunday 1/27/08

watersurgeon
01-25-2008, 06:44 PM
We will be making our usual weekend run up San Girgonio on Sunday for those of you that want to tag along.

We try and hook up with everyone at the Mill Creek Ranger Station on hwy 38 around 8:00 - 8:30. This is at the base of the mountains.

Check my previous posts on this subject for directions and explination of what to bring, etc... PM me with your number if your interested in hooking up with us and all call you back.

Hope to see some a few of you out there.

Updated: 1/26/08@ 5.30pm. We have cancelled going up on Sunday 1/27. I've been following the Nasa Satellite images and there's a huge tropical vent coming up from Baja right through SoCal. The temp in South OC has been steadily climbing and just hit 70dgfh. There anticipating front to go cold later tonight and then turn around to warmer temps in the morning, and then dropping down later in the afternoon. I just don't see it being a fun day for the kids. If it was me and the guys and our trucks that would be one thing. The good news is Sunday night there anticipating 3' of snow at the 5'000 ft level in Angeles Forest with a strong carry over into the San Bernardino mt.s, with snow off and on for the remainder of the week.

superDF350
01-25-2008, 07:23 PM
You better bring your rain coats. Snow level starts at 7000 to 8,000. All the snow in the last few days has totaled about 4 inches.

watersurgeon
01-26-2008, 09:23 AM
You better bring your rain coats. Snow level starts at 7000 to 8,000. All the snow in the last few days has totaled about 4 inches.

Thanks, where we go the elev. starts at 7500'.