PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Trouble

weweld
09-02-2007, 09:35 PM
On our 1st run on Sunday morning we set out to give the the truck a good warm up run. At the 1000' mark the was a very large explosion under the hood and a lot of smoke , the truck lost all power. I was able to idle all the way back to the pits and Little john got under the truck and said that we where missing a large chunk of up pipe. I was finally able to work on the truck today and here is what I found

http://www.socaps.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/5190

There are 4 other pics to go with that one like closely at them it not only blew the exspansion joint open up turned the pipe egg shaped and pushed it up over itself. That pipe had to be red hot when it went. I was talking to my friend Jeff that was there from Colorado and he said there was a large fire ball that came out from under the truck when it happened. The fire ball must have been very large as the harness above the turbo was melted and the insulation on the firewall was ripped open and the fiber was all melted and matted in a big mess. I should have it fixed and ready for Houston on Oct. `13-14

mattymx
09-02-2007, 11:36 PM
At least it is nothing major. Can you fab up a better DP? Does anyone else make one?

Tom
09-03-2007, 03:34 AM
awesome carnage!

That's some power there. I hope nothing else was damaged during the mishap.
What's the best time so far with the truck?

Tom

POWERSTROKEMIKE
09-03-2007, 07:25 AM
hey Gene.. great pic.. nice carnage