PDA

View Full Version : Fun in the Dirt!

hotstik
05-23-2007, 12:23 AM
I finally got a chance to test out some of the new stuff on my truck including the Full Traction Four-Link suspension kit! I took the truck out to the desert today and had some fun in the dirt, got the truck dirty, and almost got stuck in the Mojave river...LOL! Fortunately 4wd and the rear locker did what they were supposed to.

Here are a couple pics:

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2675527300073017518IqZMpD
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2129413140073017518aQRbDo

mattymx
05-23-2007, 08:12 AM
That thig looks awesome!!! So much for the sleeper look.:waytogo:

CheM
05-23-2007, 12:00 PM
very clean truck!!!

jarheadatunm
05-23-2007, 12:44 PM
That suspension work looks real nice. It is nice to see a lifted truck in SoCal that actually goes off-road... Plenty in my neighborhood that never see the dirt :confused:

jdholder
05-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Very cool!! Who did the Full Traction install? I am looking into that for my Excursion!

Hoss350
05-23-2007, 05:16 PM
So lets all plan a offroad trip!!

hotstik
05-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Very cool!! Who did the Full Traction install? I am looking into that for my Excursion!

My Full Traction kit was installed by Off-Road Evolution in Fullerton. Avoid them!!! :angry:

I would strongly advise against doing any business with Off-Road Evolution. Their installation work was beyond crappy. They ended up having my truck for three weeks, they scratched most of the powder coat, and caused a host of other issues. I ended up having to take my truck to ORU in Burbank in order to correct all of the mistakes and to get everything working.

I will be posting a full review of Off-Road Evolution when I get a chance. All I know is that my luck with off road shops in Orange County has sucked. At least ORU in Burbank knows what they are doing, the work they did on my truck was outstanding. Hopefully, they will start carrying the Full Traction stuff in the future.

hotstik
05-23-2007, 07:02 PM
So lets all plan a offroad trip!!

I'm in!!!!!! :yay:

jdholder
05-23-2007, 10:50 PM
Sorry to hear your issues with your install. I have heard nothing but good things about ORU.

Well, that kinda puts a damper on my plans. I hear that Fabtech is about to have a coilover conversion suspension also - but I am interested in Full Traction because you can get one that has a smaller lift than Fabtech.

Thanks for the feedback.

hotstik
05-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Well, that kinda puts a damper on my plans. I hear that Fabtech is about to have a coilover conversion suspension also - but I am interested in Full Traction because you can get one that has a smaller lift than Fabtech.

Fabtech's eight inch 4-link coilover kit for our year trucks has been out for a while. It's a nice looking kit, but after doing some research, it seemed that it just didn't have the level of quality that the Full Traction kit had. It's also my understanding that the Fabtech kit has significant issues with bump steer.

If you're looking to go the 4-link route, the Full Traction kit looks like the best way right now. You might try giving Full Traction a call. They've been super cool to me over the phone, and I'm sure they could recommend an alternative installer. www.full-traction.com (http://www.full-traction.com)

Eagle0ne
05-24-2007, 04:17 AM
that trucks the real deal, looks well engineered good job....No pictures of the nearly getting stuck though I like to see the action

Hoss350
05-24-2007, 12:57 PM
What would getting this kit do to towing capacity does anyone know? This is someting I would maybe look into in the future but as long as I can retian my 1 ton status and towing capacity. Very nice kit by the way.

hotstik
05-24-2007, 01:59 PM
What would getting this kit do to towing capacity does anyone know? This is someting I would maybe look into in the future but as long as I can retian my 1 ton status and towing capacity. Very nice kit by the way.

I don't see how the Full Traction kit would affect you any differently than any other lift of the same height. There are still leaf springs in the rear, so I would think you'd be good to go.

hotstik
05-24-2007, 02:01 PM
....No pictures of the nearly getting stuck though I like to see the action

I wish I had some photos of that, they'd probably look pretty cool...

desertwheeler
05-24-2007, 05:12 PM
HMMMM that terrain looks really familiar!!! lol Truck looks great! Im up for an offroad trip too!

POWERSTROKEMIKE
05-24-2007, 06:07 PM
would love to hook up with you guys on a off road trip.. maybe a day trip start off early drive for a while an then a good BBQ an then finish up the day with some more driving..

desertwheeler
05-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Mojave trail maybe?

hotstik
05-24-2007, 09:12 PM
HMMMM that terrain looks really familiar!!! lol Truck looks great! Im up for an offroad trip too!

LOL!!! I think I was in your backyard.

Hoss350
05-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Okay so lets plan it! Anything So Cal local, that we can do in a day? Or if anybody breaks anything, we can get them home in a decent amount of time??

SandShark
05-27-2007, 08:14 PM
hehe would be fun but my truck is only got a heavy duty tow package lol. and rancho shocks. it only sees the desert dirt so i can pull motorhomes out. never seen any offroad trails. need to save my money for aftermarket stuff not repairs lol.

Eagle0ne
05-29-2007, 08:07 AM
1..GORMAN 5fwy north of the 14fwy north 30mins past magic mountain, exit Smokey Bear road. off roading camping , shaded BBQ sites [f'rings] if you get there early... /Lots of space, quad and motocross riding jeeps anything, You can take the kids, stay overnight or drive home. ..... just a suggestion, the jeeps clubs are there all the time...Rubicon, we could meet by the off road track by Smith Folks [kiddy track].
2...Or Dumont Dunes in 2 weeks 14fwy... Mojave, It would be good to get the kids playing to.
3...Or this is good... cal city camp there then take a drive into RANDSBURGH an old minning town, has'nt changed for 100years no kidding, theres a bar grab a beer burgers drive back across country loads of trails..
4...Hey I go all the time would be good to meet up with some familys now and again casually....The Calander of events should be used more often and some Holiday trips scheduled...ie I'm going to PISMO the week after 4th July with freinds and familys 8th to 14th.
.....BTW i'm new so if this has been done before just IGNORE me and thanks for reading, :wave: bye 4 now gotta go to work.

irvineguy
09-12-2007, 07:26 PM
1..GORMAN 5fwy north of the 14fwy north 30mins past magic mountain, exit Smokey Bear road. off roading camping , shaded BBQ sites [f'rings] if you get there early... /Lots of space, quad and motocross riding jeeps anything, You can take the kids, stay overnight or drive home. ..... just a suggestion, the jeeps clubs are there all the time...Rubicon, we could meet by the off road track by Smith Folks [kiddy track].
2...Or Dumont Dunes in 2 weeks 14fwy... Mojave, It would be good to get the kids playing to.
3...Or this is good... cal city camp there then take a drive into RANDSBURGH an old minning town, has'nt changed for 100years no kidding, theres a bar grab a beer burgers drive back across country loads of trails..
4...Hey I go all the time would be good to meet up with some familys now and again casually....The Calander of events should be used more often and some Holiday trips scheduled...ie I'm going to PISMO the week after 4th July with freinds and familys 8th to 14th.
.....BTW i'm new so if this has been done before just IGNORE me and thanks for reading, :wave: bye 4 now gotta go to work.

I know this is an old thread but this is the time to do the offroading! Who's up for it? It's cooling off a day trip sounds perfect .. Any takers?

irvineguy
09-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Okay so lets plan it! Anything So Cal local, that we can do in a day? Or if anybody breaks anything, we can get them home in a decent amount of time??

Lets go Hoss! Lets set something up.

Ewog
09-12-2007, 07:44 PM
I'm in it would be a blast!