PDA

View Full Version : Ulsd

Starr77
05-11-2007, 10:52 AM
I went buy Sunrise Ford last week to check out the new trucks. Right there on the cluster is a big ole "Ultra Low Sulfer Diesel Only". A friend of mine just bought a new F-450. He's concerned that they don't sell ULSD by his house. Does anyone know what would happen if you run regular diesel in it? Does it void warranty? Does it make any difference at all?

mattymx
05-11-2007, 02:14 PM
The old fuel will make far more particulates in the exhaust and will cause the truck to go into regeneration mode far more often. I have read it wont hurt anything, but it will regenerate a lot. I think I read that in a diesel magazine a little while ago.

Tom
05-17-2007, 02:37 PM
The old fuel will make far more particulates in the exhaust and will cause the truck to go into regeneration mode far more often. I have read it wont hurt anything, but it will regenerate a lot. I think I read that in a diesel magazine a little while ago.

and probably kill your mileage. Regen burns additional fuel.

JoJon
05-17-2007, 03:13 PM
They stopped selling #2 last year, other than red fuel ULSD is the only diesel fuel you can buy.

mschn99
08-08-2007, 05:07 PM
All california on road #2 is ULSD...the only time you have to watch stickers is when your out of state...

Jfresh
08-08-2007, 09:08 PM
what about taking the 6.4 to mexico? Are we %&$# out of luck of is there something we can do. It is hard to believe that none of the baja 1000 chase trucks will never be the 6.4.

mschn99
08-08-2007, 09:32 PM
what about taking the 6.4 to mexico? Are we %&$# out of luck of is there something we can do. It is hard to believe that none of the baja 1000 chase trucks will never be the 6.4.
i honestly dont know thier current fuel requirments...BUT...

the dodge and chevy systems will be the same as the fords....soooooo without ULSD....they wont be able to go to mexico without the same worries as 6.4 drivers..

hotpepperkid
02-13-2008, 03:56 PM
At the SOCAPS meeting last Sunday at Sunrise For the Ford rep that was there said an tank full of USD was ok if you couldnt fine ULSD but if you continually use it, eventually it will gum up the injectors. Thats proabally ture you wont see any 08 any brand in Mexico anytime soon.

hotpepperkid