PDA

View Full Version : Dumd $hit Award

HORNMAN
06-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Well I did it. I put 92 octane in the ol diesel tank...Went inside to pay and the previous owner asked what kind of MPG do I get with the gasser, I explained to him that I didnt know, its a diesel not a gasser.He said that you just put supreme in the tank. To make a long story short I had a buddy bring a Gas Caddy and a bunch of my fuel jugs down,sucked out the bad and then fueled back up with "Diesel" this time. What an afternoon! I wonder how many other folks out there have done the same thing?Just curious...what would have happened to the 7.3 if I would have ran it with a 50/50 ratio pulling a Travel trailer?

ryanPSD
06-02-2006, 05:37 PM
I haven't... yet! :o

I almost put diesel in my Honda once though.

Don't feel too bad, we all make mistakes! :tongue:

clubjoe
06-02-2006, 06:37 PM
I put gas in my truck this morning !!:rofll:

Hope yer truck is ok..........That's gotta screw with your head sometimes, wondering if you filled up correctly. Aren't there some places around that are using green color trim for gas, when they don't carry diesel? Thought I had seen that, and wondered if it was such a good idea.......

POWERSTROKEMIKE
06-02-2006, 08:39 PM
One of the guys at work had his son put about 14 gallons of diesel in his little honda..and he drove it about 1mile and then well it just turned off.. lol.. i really got a kick out of that.. he's a USC Grad..lol... my ? was how did he get the nozzel in the filler neck ??

watersurgeon
06-02-2006, 11:03 PM
I joined that club about six months ago. Was at my local 76 with way too much on my mind. As I am trying to figure my day out in my head Iam listening to some lady a few bays away and shes talking to a guy who is filling up his diesel, and she says, "Oh, I put gas in my husbands Truck once and it cost a $1000.00 bucks too have it fixed" Anyways, the word fixed had not even come out of her mouth and without thinking I yanked the nozzle out of the truck and sprayed gas all over and then it dawned on me that I had just put 33 gallons of gas in the truck. It all happened in slow motion.

Called one of my guys and sent him to Walmart to buy every can he could get his hands on. Took seven cans about an hour to siphon it all out. Drained the fuel bowl, changed the filter all in the parking lot of 76. Two and half hours later I was back on the road. Gave a Buddy of mine the gas/diesel mixture and he ran it in his Cobra. Said the thing never ran so good before.

From what others have told me the minimum cost at a dealer is around a grand. Mostly because they have to waste haul the fuel as it's considered contamenated.

ragenford
06-03-2006, 12:18 AM
When I get my other half her deisel, I hope and pray she doesn't do that...http://www.socaps.comimages/graemlins/doah.gif

SoCalDavis
06-03-2006, 09:21 AM
The night I moved into my new house (around midnight), I thought I would be nice and give my brother in law 5 gallons of gas (I had in a can) to put in his car, for helping my move (it's kind of a beater Dodge Stratus). He filled up, his wife drove it about 15 miles to my new house, then when they tried to leave, it wouldn't start. After about 20 minutes of clearing my head from the moving, I realized I gave him the extra diesel I had for when I was traveling to Illinois. Well, a couple hours later after draining it, it still wouldn't start. The next morning we had to change the plugs, and it finally started.....with LOTS of smoke. I felt like such a dumbass! :)

1uncoolF350
06-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Hornman, that was the most expensive single fillup that I have heard of in a while! Lets just say ~30 gallons of Supream unleaded @ $3.50 = $105 + 30 gallons of good ol #2 @ $3.29 = $98.70. So $203.70 later and the time to get it all out! Man that is not the kind of day I would want have! These are the kind of days that we all need to look at and just laugh out loud with everyone wondering what your problem is.

Honestly I feel for you. Glad you didn't get in and drive off.

Smile, it can only get better!

Marc

(price addjust for your area)you get the picture!

waxin
06-03-2006, 01:33 PM
you guys crack me up . i havent had that problem YET but its coming im sure. but the next itme someone puts gas in thier diesel only drain as much as your hose will get fill it up and add about 4 quarts of tranhny fluid to the mix it works awesome . great injector cleaner also .

HORNMAN
06-03-2006, 03:15 PM
you guys crack me up . i havent had that problem YET but its coming im sure. but the next itme someone puts gas in thier diesel only drain as much as your hose will get fill it up and add about 4 quarts of tranhny fluid to the mix
it works
awesome . great injector cleaner also .Whats the cherry juice do??

ryanPSD
06-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Helps lubricate it I believe.