PDA

View Full Version : Door Ajar Light

ForumBlue
06-06-2005, 10:13 AM
This may be the wrong Forum for this but here goes.
The Door Ajar Light stays on all the time. I've opened and closed all doors and rear hatch several times.

Any suggestions B-4 I disconnect the batteries?

Samuel1941
06-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Do your interior lights stay on?
The lights on plus the "Door Ajar" would indicate a faulty switch.
The door switches on these trucks, unlike the older ones with the switch on the door frame, are located within the door latching mechanism.
People with a sticky switch have reported a fix by squirting a bunch of WD40 into the locking mechanism.

If it's just the "Door Ajar" warning for you...I don't know what could be wrong.

Tom
06-06-2005, 01:38 PM
WD 40 into the door latch did the trick for me.

ForumBlue
06-06-2005, 02:56 PM
The WD40 thing hasn't worked so far, been several hours since I sprayed them but still no go.

ForumBlue
06-07-2005, 09:00 AM
The WD40 thong is still a no go. I'm pretty sure it is the driver door that is the problem, because the radio doesn't shut off when I open the door after shutting down. Could anyone run thru how to take off the door panel and what the switch looks like and the location?
Thanks.
Jamie

Tom
06-07-2005, 09:45 AM
The WD40 thong is still a no go. I'm pretty sure it is the driver door that is the problem, because the radio doesn't shut off when I open the door after shutting down. Could anyone run thru how to take off the door panel and what the switch looks like and the location?
Thanks.
Jamie

The switch is in the handle.
The door opening switch (that controls the interior light) is also the one that turns off the radio quickly when you open the door. http://www.socaps.comimages/graemlins/smile.gif

Pull the door panel, unbolt the handle and check it out. There's little rubber plugs that are the access to the door handle bolts. Not a hard job at all.

Do you know how to remove the door panel?

ForumBlue
06-07-2005, 09:51 AM
Tom,

Thanks. And No I do not know how to remove the panel?

Tom
06-07-2005, 12:19 PM
Here's the rundown on pulling the panel:

1. remove the black sail that is at the front of the door.
Pull hard, it will come straight off.

2. pull up on the window switch panel (black plastic). Pull from the front and it will come up. Disconnect the switch wires.

2.5. Remove the screw that you see in there holding the panel to the door.

3. With a flat screwdriver, remove the reflector at the rear of the door (by your hip, if you are seated). Just pry it out carefully. If you are lucky enough to have an actual light there, you'll need to disconnect that, too. (mine didn't)

The door panel lifts UP and away. Do not pull on it, just lift. If something is stopping it from lifting, there's something still connected.

Some of the rubber plugs are visible without removing the door panel.

Hope that helps.

Should take about 5 min to take the panel off. It's really simple.

Tom
06-07-2005, 12:20 PM
if you're around the pasadena area, I can assist you.

It's 15 minutes to pull it off and put it back (the first time)...less after that.

ForumBlue
06-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Tom,
Thanks again. As it turns out once I got the screws out I went to get that marker light out of the door panel and noticed it was on so I closed the door and the warning light was gone. I guess the combo of WD40 and screwing around with the door panel freed up that switch.

Tom
06-07-2005, 05:35 PM
Tom,
Thanks again. As it turns out once I got the screws out I went to get that marker light out of the door panel and noticed it was on so I closed the door and the warning light was gone. I guess the combo of WD40 and screwing around with the door panel freed up that switch.

Maybe next time I should say..."spray it with WD40, wait a couple hours...then slam the door a few times" http://www.socaps.comimages/graemlins/tongue.gif

ForumBlue
06-08-2005, 10:04 PM
It was actually in there for about 24 hours and I have a feeling the PB Blaster may have been the fix. That stuff will free up anything.

IDK
06-12-2005, 10:47 PM
I have th same problem with my X but I think the switch in the tail gate is my problem it does it intermitenly.
Roger http://www.socaps.comimages/graemlins/usa.gif