PDA

View Full Version : Finally - Sending out the pump

TurboYT
04-25-2005, 03:09 PM
Pulled my injection pump yesterday and will be shipping to Ken in MI. I sooooooooooo can't wait for the new pump and injectors to get here. This should bring the horsepower back to "fun" levels.

beretzs
04-25-2005, 08:14 PM
You are going to like Kens IP and matched injectors. I swear by them. Wasn't sure if they would make much of a differnce, but for the old IDI's, the IP is really the life of the engine. Your truck should really haul butt now. Hopefully I can start on my intercooler project. Since fuel is soo much, I really haven't been driving it soo much, so it gives me a little time to get the old girl fixed up a little. Scotty

TurboYT
04-27-2005, 10:48 AM
How long did it take to get your pump? I had to send him mine because he didn't have a core to rebuild. Man he's hard to get a hold of.

beretzs
04-27-2005, 11:36 AM
I can't remember how long it took him to get me the IP and Injectors, I was deployed to Iraq, and by the time I got home, they were on the doorstep. Ken is hard to get ahold of, busy guy, kinda like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. He will return your call, just leave him a message. He is pretty good about it, he usually calls me in the evening. WHAT kind of IP did you order? Scotty

TurboYT
04-28-2005, 01:09 PM
What do you mean, what kind of pump? He is rebuilding my pump.

beretzs
04-28-2005, 08:48 PM
I mean, did you get an HO IP, or a slightly massaged turbo IP. What are the specs on the IP? Thats all. Just wonderin. Scotty

TurboYT
04-29-2005, 10:56 AM
I think it will be between HO and Massaged. New red line set at 3800 possibley 3900. He said the mechanical fuel pump will just barely be able to serve it's needs. Will need to go to a holley redline if I want to feel the full benefits of the pump when going from a low RPM and to a high RPM quickly as the mechanical will lag.

beretzs
04-30-2005, 05:36 PM
You will be happy, mine runs GREAT, almost too good, since I popped my headgaskets with over 15psi of boost. So hopefully the studs will hold it down from now on. I can peg a 15psi boost guage in no time with my truck floored. That is with NO PROPANE, add propane, and WOW. The truck just likes to run. Scotty

TurboYT
05-01-2005, 09:08 AM
Sweet. minus the headgasket problem.

When I talked to ken he mentioned that with a built pump, you would get a bigger bang with H2O injection, than propane. Do you plan on adding H2O?

beretzs
05-01-2005, 12:47 PM
I have Kens H20 Injection system in a box in my garage, and I do plan on installing it after I get the intercooler finished. I want the intercooler in there. It is free power and will keep the truck cool everyday. After I figure out a proper tank set up, I will get the H20 in there. Ken said the H20 will add an easy 50Hp, on top of what I already have. I am only going to run water, no meth, just to keep EGT's down and such. I can't wait to get the truck back and get the intercooler installed. Isn't really a huge job, just gotta turn that first bolt then it is all downhill. Scotty

TurboYT
05-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Hey, keep me posted on the biodiesel and veggie blend. Very interested. You and I are close enough that if we found a [censored]-of-a deal on canola we could buy it by the 55 gallon drum then divy it up.

beretzs
05-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Yup, that is what I am thinking, I know there are more IDI'ers in the SoCal, but you sure don't see many of us. I am really excited to try it. That should save me enough money so I can actually drive my truck instead of my wifes little car. Scotty

PS. When are we going to do some shooting?

TurboYT
05-03-2005, 08:25 PM
I know it's a bid of a drive for you, but miramar is open till 7pm on wednesday's and thursday's. Could meet there one night. Also, I'm a committee member for Ducks Unlimited and we are having a Banquet/Dinner June 11th, here in Temecula, if your interested let me know and I can send you all the info.

Godzilla Jr
05-04-2005, 07:42 AM
Waiting.......... Watching.............

My pump is getting up there in orignal miles and wonder if it is worth having it rebuilt between mild & wild.

TurboYT
05-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Should be back this week.

Godzilla Jr
05-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Waiting......... Watching.............

beretzs
05-04-2005, 07:10 PM
I think it is totally worth the money, if you have to replace the IP and Injectors, it is worth the few dollars extra to get that added boost of fuel and power, I never realized how underpowered my truck was with the old IP, like I said, hold onto your boost guages, you will be able to flat out peg and hold a 15psi guage. I wouldn't do it for too long, or you will be the next with HG's and studs, but man, it is nice to have the power if I need it. Scotty

beretzs
05-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Heck yeah, I am all for it, I like to shoot shotguns, I am not the best wing shooter, but I can do alright against 12 y/o's. Just kidding. Lets plan a time, or maybe a Saturday to do some shooting. But we have got to wait until I get my truck back up and running. Shouldn't be more than another week. Plus I am heading to W Va this next week, to Bill Scott Raceways, to do some technical driving skills refresher. Oh Yeah, paid for by the US Govt... Fun job, when you are not getting shot at! Scotty

TurboYT
05-05-2005, 09:12 AM
Sounds great. Yeah I know what you mean about getting the truck back. Wouldn't look that good pulling up to the range in an acura.

As far as price for a new pump. Ken is totally fair with the price. The best price I could find for a stock rebuilt pump was $390, I'm not paying too much more than that for mine. As far as the injectors go, same price as all the stockers.

TurboYT
05-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Ok, pump and injectors are on a DHL truck and should be here by Monday. I'd be really excited if they accidentally showed up on Friday. Keep those fingers crossed. Then once I get the pump and see how she's running, I'll start testing Diesel WVO blends.

beretzs
05-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Good deal, sounds like you are going to have your truck back before I get mine back. Guys at the shop called and they are pretty backed up right now, guess their main mech (small shop) got run over by a tractor trailer.. He is alive, just not in good shape. They said they should have the truck back up and running inside of two weeks. Heres to hopin. Scotty

TurboYT
05-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Yeah, checked DHL again, now they should show up on Tuesday. Too bad my buddy is back to work. He's a diesel mechanic and was out of work for a year (disability). Heck he would have loved to have tore into your motor.

beretzs
05-16-2005, 08:12 AM
No kidding? Not too bad of a deal though. Don't really NEED the truck right now, as long as I have the Suburban, but once that is gone, I am going to need the truck in order to lug the Jeep around. Scotty