PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Ford Super Duty Info

mattymx
09-25-2015, 08:16 PM
When will they be able to order. I'm in! My dad might be in as well.

BWilliams
09-28-2015, 10:18 AM
When will they be able to order. I'm in! My dad might be in as well.I have not seen a date yet, but will let you guys know.

BWilliams
09-28-2015, 01:16 PM
The Toughest, Smartest and Most Capable Super Duty Ever.

Class-exclusive(1) technical innovations help owners improve and enhance their comfort, productivity and towing confidence

Standard Features

Flat load floor on SuperCab and Crew Cab models

Available Features

110-volt outlets with a combined maximum output of 400 watts
360-degree camera with split-view display
Adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake support
Adaptive Steering
BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert and trailer tow
BoxLink with premium locking cleats
Customer-placed trailer camera
Inflatable outboard rear safety belts (Crew Cab)
LED side-mirror spotlights
Multicontour seats with Active Motion
Next-generation tailgate step
Quad-beam LED headlamps
Remote tailgate release with power lock
Trailer Reverse Guidance
Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System

First-in-class(1) high-strength, military-grade aluminum-alloy truck body and box
Increased towing and payload capacities
Powertrains with more combined power and torque
Highest-ever 5th-wheel/gooseneck towing, conventional towing and payload capabilities of any Super Duty(2)
12 million miles of Built Ford Tough testing so it's designed to meet or exceed our most demanding customers’ requirements
Up to seven available cameras, including the class-exclusive(1) 360-degree camera with split-view display

BWilliams
09-28-2015, 01:18 PM
The ToughestBecause owners depend on their truck for the most difficult jobs, we made it the toughest Super Duty ever(1), featuring:

First-in-class(2) high-strength, military-grade aluminum-alloy truck body and box for improved capability and improved dent- and ding-resistance over the previous generation
All-new fully boxed frame, built from 95 percent high-strength steel for a foundation that’s up to 24 times stiffer than the previous generation
Together, high-strength steel and high-strength aluminum alloy help reduce weight by up to 350 lbs. Ford is reinvesting this weight savings everywhere it counts to help give customers even more towing and hauling capability than ever before for Super Duty
Upgraded driveline and suspension components (axle, transfer case and driveshaft) to manage the increased torque, towing and payload
12 million miles of Built Ford Tough testing so it’s designed to meet or exceed our most demanding customers’ requirements
All-new conventional hitch design allows for improved towing capability(1)

The SmartestTechnologiesThe all-new Super Duty Pickup is designed with the latest available technologies, helping owners work harder while marking their work experience easier:

Class-exclusive(2) Adaptive Steering
Up to seven cameras, including:

Class-exclusive(2) 360-degree camera with split-view display
Center high-mounted stop lamp (CHMSL) camera
Class-exclusive(2) customer-placed trailer camera
Class-exclusive(2) Trailer Reverse Guidance

SYNC 3
Class-exclusive(2) BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert and trailer tow
Lane Departure Warning system
Class-exclusive(2) adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake support
Class-exclusive(2) inflatable outboard rear safety belts on Crew Cab models
Class-exclusive(2) Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) now standard on F-350 DRW models

Exterior FeaturesFrom the very first look, it’s clear this is a truck that’s designed for work with these available features:

Larger cabs with new 170-degree doors on SuperCab models
Class-exclusive(2) quad-beam LED headlamps with configurable daytime running lamps
Class-exclusive(2) LED side-mirror spotlights
LED security approach lamps
LED box lighting and tailgate LED
LED taillamps
Class-exclusive(2) remote tailgate release with power lock
Class-exclusive(2) next-generation tailgate step
Class-exclusive(2) BoxLink with premium locking cleats
Class-exclusive(2) power-deployable running boards
Extended running boards that offer easier access to the bed

Interior ConveniencesNew comfort and convenience features put the emphasis on owner satisfaction with:

New seat designs with new materials and colors
Class-exclusive(2) standard second-row flat load floor with new lockable storage on Crew Cab models
Class-exclusive(2) available multicontour front seats with Active Motion
Class-exclusive(2) available 110-volt power outlets with a combined maximum output of 400 watts
Class-exclusive(2) available inflatable rear safety belts on Crew Cab models
New instrument panel with dual glove box and center console with sliding cupholders and expansive storage
Intelligent Access with push-button start
Ambient interior lighting
Enhanced upfitter switches relocated to the overhead console; now includes six switches with more total amps
Twin-panel moonroof on Crew Cab models

Most CapableThe all-new Super Duty Pickup is designed to be the most capable Super Duty ever, carrying more, towing more and delivering the most combined horsepower and torque(1)

The first-in-class(2) high-strength, military-grade aluminum-alloy body and box reduces weight, allowing engineers to strengthen the frame for increased capability
All-new conventional hitch design allows for improved towing capability(1)
Highest-ever 5th-wheel/gooseneck towing, conventional towing and payload capabilities of any Super Duty(1)
Increased fuel tank capacities for greater driving range

PowerfulCompared to previous Super Duty models, the 2017 powertrains are designed to deliver more combined horsepower and torque than ever before with proven engine and transmission combinations:
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel V8

TorqShift 6-speed automatic transmission
B20 biodiesel capable

6.2L FFV V8 Gas Engine

New TorqShift-G 6-speed automatic transmission (F-250)
TorqShift 6-speed automatic transmission (F-350)
Available dual batteries
Available CNG/​Propane Gaseous Engine Prep Package

POWERSTROKEMIKE
09-28-2015, 06:19 PM
wow very nice..

FORDWILLY
09-28-2015, 08:34 PM
When will they be able to order. I'm in! My dad might be in as well.

Hi Bobby ------ Ya, DiAnna and I are thinking about a 17. I have some questions that can wait till the order info is out. Funny, I remember when I ordered my 2001 7.3 dually from you I said at my age this will be my last truck. You laughed and said, no you'll buy another. Then I came back for my 2011 and you laughed again. Now I'm thinking about a 2017, where have all those years gone lol ------ Bill

FORDWILLY
10-04-2015, 01:39 PM
'Increased fuel tank capacities for greater driving range'

Does anyone have any idea what this is going to be? --- Simply a larger tank? Or a second fuel tank? Or an in bed fuel tank? The description uses "capacities" as if there will be more than one option.

BWilliams
10-05-2015, 11:06 AM
'Increased fuel tank capacities for greater driving range'

Does anyone have any idea what this is going to be? --- Simply a larger tank? Or a second fuel tank? Or an in bed fuel tank? The description uses "capacities" as if there will be more than one option.
I noticed that also and am hoping for a larger single tank, especially in the Short Beds ;-)

BWilliams
10-05-2015, 11:08 AM
Hi Bobby ------ Ya, DiAnna and I are thinking about a 17. I have some questions that can wait till the order info is out. Funny, I remember when I ordered my 2001 7.3 dually from you I said at my age this will be my last truck. You laughed and said, no you'll buy another. Then I came back for my 2011 and you laughed again. Now I'm thinking about a 2017, where have all those years gone lol ------ Bill
I have seen this happen so many times. I have been proven wrong a couple times, but the percentage is pretty low.

Time flies when your having fun... This upcoming April will mark me being with Sunrise Ford for 18 years. I still can't believe it's been that long.

FORDWILLY
02-26-2016, 09:48 AM
A great 2017 video with lots of close up detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et2_-PkVjAU

BWilliams
02-29-2016, 03:10 PM
A great 2017 video with lots of close up detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et2_-PkVjAU
Thanks for sharing :-)

mattymx
03-01-2016, 09:13 AM
I'm really thinking about this. But at the same time I'm sure the truck I'd want is crazy expensive.

FORDWILLY
03-02-2016, 02:44 PM
I'm really thinking about this. But at the same time I'm sure the truck I'd want is crazy expensive.

Matt----Just remember that you have to buy two 2017's. One for you, and one for your poor ole dad.