PDA

View Full Version : No right hand Turn at the trailer hitch

watersurgeon
08-14-2012, 09:05 AM
F350, 7.3 2003:

Ok, so here is the problem. I have never used the trailer lights on this truck. Went to hook up a trailer a few weeks ago and I have no left hand turn signal. Traced the wiring underneath to directly under the drivers seat, and then it goes into the body of the cab. There is no left hand turn electrical at any of the socket connections under the truck, so I am assuming this is something happening someplace else possible under the dash. The guy that owned the truck before me had trailer brakes but he took them out when I bought it, (if this helps any)

Any ideas where to look. I don't want to Jerry Rig the harness off of the left hand light. I would like to solve the problem.

Thx.

bpounds
08-14-2012, 05:38 PM
This is usually a fuse, or possibly a relay. Get your owners manual out and it will show you that all trailer light functions have fuses that are separate from the truck lights, and all circuits are also relay controlled. I'm not positive about a 2003, but I think there will be the inside cab fuse box under the steering wheel, and another fuse box under the hood. On my truck the trailer function fuses are under the hood, but I know things are different on a 2003.

madmatt01
08-14-2012, 09:25 PM
X2 ^^