PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Reason Why California Sucks

FORDWILLY
05-20-2012, 06:44 PM
My great truck is about 2 years old now, with zero problems. Could not be happier with Ford on the best truck this old guy has ever owned. ---- But was I shocked to open up my 2nd year vehicle registration renewal notice to see boldly written accross the top "Smog Certification Required". I thought, what? New vehicles get 6 years before a smog test is required. WRONG. I knew that diesels back to 98 have to be smoged now, I had to get my old 7.3 smoged just before I sold it. But no way did I think that the new clean burning diesels like the 6.7 would be exempted from the new vehicle 6 year rule. The California theives/idiots are at it again. It really gets old.

The last family out of California has to turn off the lights and close the door.

Samuel1941
05-20-2012, 10:50 PM
You are correct!! I had to look it up on the DMV site!!
I don't understand why gasoline vehicles get a six year grace period, but diesels don't??
Just not fair........

Obviously, some state legislator doesn't like diesels and got his/her buddies to go along!!

eboteilho
05-21-2012, 07:45 AM
That's just not right. I love the way they call it a "Smog Certification" as if it were some hi-tech operation when really it's some guy stomping on the pedal three times and looking for smoke.

BWilliams
05-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Yep, I got my renew for the 2011 F450 last week also and sure enough, Smog Certification required. Just crazy!

madmatt01
05-21-2012, 04:48 PM
The whole diesel smog program was developed in four days and they have made few adjustments to the program in the last couple of years sad!!!!!!!

mattymx
05-24-2012, 12:09 AM
You can thank all the guys who think it's cool "role coal"on the streets all day.

MSDSMAN
08-10-2012, 04:01 PM
You can thank the corrupt liberal State of California, they employ 60% of the State, and the fact that they are out of money... All it is, is a tax.

sanger
08-10-2012, 08:48 PM
You can thank all the guys who think it's cool "role coal"on the streets all day.

I have seen by far more gas car smoking down the road then diesels.

You can thank the corrupt liberal State of California, they employ 60% of the State, and the fact that they are out of money... All it is, is a tax.

I agree. The State of California has gotten way out of hand with rules and regulations.

superDF350
08-10-2012, 08:54 PM
I just my truck a couple of weeks ago for the second time. Less then a total of two years.