PDA

View Full Version : 6.7 Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

FORDWILLY
05-24-2011, 04:03 PM
fumoto is now called "Quick oil drain valve .com"

I loved the Fumoto I had on my old 7.3. They just came out with one for the 6.7. check it out at QuickOilDrainValve.com - the best way to change oil (http://www.quickoildrainvalve.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PF250%2FF103)

Has anyone bought one yet? What do you think?

fords4life
05-24-2011, 06:50 PM
I've just always wondered how far the valve sticks up in to the pan and how much gunk builds up/gets left behind because of it.

FORDWILLY
05-24-2011, 08:10 PM
I've just always wondered how far the valve sticks up in to the pan and how much gunk builds up/gets left behind because of it.

Interesting thought.

fords4life
05-24-2011, 08:35 PM
Keep in mind, I'm an engineer and we tend to over think things so I may be putting more into it than what its worth but changing the oil with the old style plug doesn't seem to be a big deal to me.

FORDWILLY
05-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Keep in mind, I'm an engineer and we tend to over think things so I may be putting more into it than what its worth but changing the oil with the old style plug doesn't seem to be a big deal to me.

On my bottom plugged 7.3 it was just so easy and CLEAN. No oil running down your hand when the plug is unscrewed.----- Now on the new 6.7 the plug faces forward and the oil really shoots forward not down which makes capturing the first burst a little iffy unless you use a big tub tipped up to catch the forward gush. The fumoto adds a 90 degree to turn the flow down, strait into a container. It just worked so clean and tool-less.