PDA

View Full Version : Need Help finding a Good Dealership in San Diego

SilverSDusmc9999
01-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Looking for a dealership to take my truck to for warranty work, I have had a few mods done to my truck but put it back to stock. Ran the TDC's and they all come up as a bad EGR. So I need to find a good dealership in my area.

dezzrats
01-12-2011, 01:18 PM
I have not had anything big done but I like Drew Ford and El Cajon Ford for warranty work

SilverSDusmc9999
01-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the info I have heard good things about Drew Ford might have to check them out

SteveBricks
01-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Ditto on hearing good reports about Drew Ford.

sdcarguy
01-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Drew Ford treated me right.

fords4life
01-13-2011, 08:00 AM
Mom and dad have had good experiences at both.

bobsquatch
01-18-2011, 07:20 PM
I have had great customer service at Kearny Mesa Ford. I had my cam sensor replaced is all but they stayed late and hooked me up the same night it crapped out on me. I can't say how experienced they are with non recall or major work on the big trucks but the customer service has been great! I also had a pinion seal go out on my wife's 99 explorer. I was out of town and they fixed it for my wife. The pinion bearing failed like 5000 miles later. I told them I thought they over torqued the pinion flange causing the failure but could not prove it. They had a valid argument that if that was the case it should have failed much earlier. They offered to do all labor for free and charge me only for parts. They quoted me a price and I accepted. While in there they discovered a bad abs sensor in the diff and offered to replace it for parts only sice they were already in there. The ABS light had been on. (Here we go I thought but accepted anyway) When all was said and done it was like 20% cheaper than the quote, even with the extra parts. I feel very well accomadated.

SilverSDusmc9999
01-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Well I took my truck to Drew Ford on Monday they said it would be a few days before they could even look at it, They got to my truck on Thursday and said it looks like a EGR needs to be replaced , but they want to do more "Diagnostics" and wouldn’t even be able to let me know until the following Thursday. Then they would be able to tell me what they think might be wrong. The person I spoke to just really gave me the idea they were looking to make some money and told me they charge a 349 dollar "diagnostic" charge to tell me what needs to be done. I must say I was very unhappy overall with Drew Ford. I made a call to El Cajon Ford and let me say WOW what a difference they got my truck right in and are already fixing it within the same day. There was no high pressure trying to get me to do this or that and making me feel like they were trying to take money. I will highly recommend El Cajon Ford. Talk to Robbie he will take care of you and your truck.

sdcarguy
01-22-2011, 04:32 PM
who did you see at drew? did you try Aaron like I told you?

SilverSDusmc9999
01-24-2011, 07:59 AM
I did try to talk to Aaron but when I called a couple times he said he was busy and just gave me to another person. I tried a few times but from talking to him on the phone it didn't seem he minded if he got to help me or not. I do look very young and I'm sure I sound young on the phone so I'm sure that didn't help. Overall I just felt like Drew Ford didn't really want to help me. I am very happy with El Cajon Ford they fixed my EGR within the same day no hassle no nothing, made me feel very welcomed and I will go back there anytime I have any more issues. I'm sure Drew Ford may do good work but they just didn't seem to want to help. I can understand they were behind on work at Drew but to keep my truck for 2 weeks and say they want to do more "diagnostics" when they knew the problem just seemed like they wanted to make more money. I took it to El Cajon Ford the checked my truck and fixed it within 7 hours of getting it. El Cajon Ford did me right and got me my truck back. This is just my own experience I'm sure others may have theirs. Nothing against Drew Ford I will just not go there in the future.

sdcarguy
01-25-2011, 05:06 PM
good to know. only reason i used him is a friend of mine used to work for Drew and told him to take care of me...maybe hes different with others...sorry. glad el cajon took care of you.