PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if my truck has a problem....

sanddawg
12-13-2010, 08:09 PM
I have a 2008 F450 which is completely stock. It just turned 10,000 miles today. I left work tonight and let the engine warm up like I usually do. I let it idle about 2-3 minutes before taking off. I pulled out of the parking lot and headed down the road going about 15 MPH since the traffic light was red. The light turned green and I hit the throttle and...Nothing! It would not accelerate at all. It would barely turn 2000 RPM. I stopped the truck, turned it off and waited a few minutes. I started it back up and it ran normal.
I drove a few more miles and got on the freeway. As soon as I got on the freeway it went into regen mode and the truck started acting up again. The truck would maintain RPM and speed but it would start to hesitate and I noticed the boost gauge would drop to zero then back up. It did this the entire time it was in regen mode. As soon as the regen was over the truck ran just fine.
No check engine lights came on or anything like that.
Anyone got any ideas what's going on with my truck? Should I take it to the dealer or just drive it and see what happens? My local dealer is a joke and Sunrise is about 1 1/2 hours away.

Thanks for any input.

Shawn

BFT
12-16-2010, 07:14 PM
take it to the dealer!

it could be a list of things that are coming to mind... faulty EGR, maybe even a bad sensor. it is better to send it to the dealer where they have the tools to check it out. i HIGHLY recommend Sunrise Ford!

sanddawg
12-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the input. To the dealer it is. Probably a good idea. I'm planning on heading out to the dunes the day after Christmas. Don't need to get stranded if I can prevent it. Just wasn't looking forward to the drive down to Sunrise.

Thanks again.

sanddawg
12-18-2010, 09:25 PM
The truck is at the dealer and at first they said they could not duplicate the problem. They asked to keep it several more days to make sure they could not get the truck to act up. Called me back about 3 hours later and said the truck did it's boost, no boost thing and was real low on power. He said he had the computer hooked up at the time and got some good info.
Long story short, he said the MAF sensor is bad. He replaced it and everything looks good. He still is going to keep it just to make sure nothing else shows up. He said other than the MAF sensor malfunctioning everything else was good.
Hopefully that's all it was and I get my truck back soon.
Thanks to Bobby Williams and Matt at Sunrise for the great customer service!!!