PDA

View Full Version : 7,000 Mile Update

FORDWILLY
11-11-2010, 02:20 PM
About 7,000 miles now. In Arizona at the moment. Not one problem at this point. The best Ford truck by far that I have ever owned. Pulled my 15,000 lb 5ver up the steep climb out of Death Valley in 4th gear at any safe speed I desired. Wow, a brute power machine. So quiet in the cab that we can really enjoy the sound system. So very happy that Bobby and my son Matt talked me into the great navigation system. We love it and it has been so fun and helpful. DEF has turned out to be no big deal one I realized that you just don't need to think about it often. On my last dually my wife seldom drove it. On this truck she does not hesitate to ask for it if a need exists for more room.

mattymx
11-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Glad to hear you are enjoying it so much! You have a killer truck dad.

Newman
11-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Sounds like a great truck! Where at in AZ? I'm in a suburb east of PHX

mattymx
11-11-2010, 04:44 PM
He is in havasu.

pinkersc
11-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Nice to hear things are going well with your truck. Mine has a very sensitive tcs system. When I make a turn normally, sometimes I find that I have a flat throttle and I have to wait a second for it to come back. It seems like the system is sensing wheel spin or something. This did not happen in the snow last week. Only on dry surfaces so far. Doesn't happen all the time. Just spuratically. Otherwisw everything is awesome. Got 17 mpg going to Vegas without a trailer. 13.9 hauling trailer to gilroy last month. I am now used to the exhaust brake and tow haul mode. Great truck. Also warning to self oil changers. When you pull the plug on the oil pan the oil comes flying out. You better have an open oil pan and not one of those 15 Qt. ones with the small opening. After 4 or more qts. on my garage floor I fiquire it out. LOL. Be this a lesson to all of you new 6.7 owners. 5232 miles on it.
Scott