PDA

View Full Version : Where should I NOT take my PSD?

tdhess
04-20-2010, 03:49 PM
First post and a new member. I've done a portion of the Mojave Rd. from Baker to Goff's with nothing more than a little mesquite pinstripping. Are there any well known trails that I shouldn't even attempt if I want to keep the body straight? Mostly interested in California trails, but any related info is great too.

Thanks,

Todd

Newman
04-21-2010, 04:30 PM
What mods do you have to your truck? Lift, tires, lockers, and body armor?

mattymx
04-21-2010, 08:12 PM
I live up in Big Bear and there are some great trails and fire roads. There are some tight trails that Jeeps hardly fit.

JasonC
04-21-2010, 08:33 PM
+1 Big Bear.

I have found the size of my SD to be more limiting than its 4x4 ability. Amazon has some great off-road trail books, look up authors Massey and Wells.

Just don't take your SD on any trails named after construction equipment or have the words "hell" or "death" in them.

tdhess
04-21-2010, 08:39 PM
My truck's still a stock 2007 F250 FX4, 6.0L PSD. Planning on a leveling lift this summer when I get the 33's. Most of my wheeling is either Dove Springs, Mojave, or Ocotillo Wells after I drop off the toys.

tdhess
04-21-2010, 08:42 PM
My favorite book so far is "The Mojave Road" by David Casabeir. It's the official trail guide with lots of Native American info on petroglyphs and Cavalry history.

Swanee
04-24-2010, 10:17 PM
+1 Big Bear.

I have found the size of my SD to be more limiting than its 4x4 ability. Amazon has some great off-road trail books, look up authors Massey and Wells.

Just don't take your SD on any trails named after construction equipment or have the words "hell" or "death" in them.

Or "Hammer"....

fords4life
04-24-2010, 10:55 PM
just don't take your sd on any trails named after construction equipment or have the words "hell" or "death" in them.

or "hammer"....

:rofll::rofll::rofll: