PDA

View Full Version : Caravan from SCV and SFV?

skav
03-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Who's up to caravan to Sunrise from the SVC and SFV? I thought that it would be alot of fun Rollin down in a big group.

I'm signed up to help w parking at 8:30. How long does it take to get to Sunrise from SCV?

SteveBricks
03-08-2010, 11:51 AM
About 1 1/2 hours if you drive the speed limit :D

eponator
03-08-2010, 11:51 AM
I would imagine 1.5-2 hours tops one way.

I'm located off the 10 between the 605 and 57 so I'd be more than glad to join you along the way! I just signed up to volunteer this morning as I just found out I'd be able to make it!! Basically I hve no clue what time I need to get there by haha.

skav
03-08-2010, 05:45 PM
What's the speed limit? 75 or 80?

Sounds like I need to leave at 7am to make it.

Eponator, I'll PM you. Where would be a good place to meet up in your neck of the woods?

weweld
03-08-2010, 06:45 PM
What Speed Limit ???????

Raul @ Stealth Automotive
03-08-2010, 06:53 PM
ill be leaving the SFV at 6am... last time it took me about 1 hour driving 70mph.... if anyone wants to caravan around that time let me know... i want to be there by 7am so i can setup and park my ex next to my booth

BFT
03-08-2010, 07:09 PM
if everything goes as palnned i should be headed out there early in the AM
give me a hauler if anyone wants to meet up, i live in simi 805 297 7291

skav
03-09-2010, 05:56 AM
ill be leaving the SFV at 6am... last time it took me about 1 hour driving 70mph.... if anyone wants to caravan around that time let me know... i want to be there by 7am so i can setup and park my ex next to my booth

I might try to meet up w you Raul. Where would be the best place to meet?

if everything goes as palnned i should be headed out there early in the AM
give me a hauler if anyone wants to meet up, i live in simi 805 297 7291

What's early AM? We may all be able to tag along w Raul.

skav
03-09-2010, 05:59 AM
If anybody else is interested, give me a call.

Sean
Cell (310)678-9244

03-09-2010, 06:37 AM
I might try to meet up w you Raul. Where would be the best place to meet?

What's early AM? We may all be able to tag along w Raul.
not sure bud... i usually take the 210.. last time a bunch of us met up at the thrifty gas station on rinaldi and balboa and got on the 118 from there.....

skav
03-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Let's plan to meet at 6:15 and leave from the gas station.

eboteilho
03-09-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm also happy to pick up the caravan along the way! I'm coming from Whittier, so I'll probably be taking the 210 as well . . .

optx002
03-09-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm also happy to pick up the caravan along the way! I'm coming from Whittier, so I'll probably be taking the 210 as well . . .

If your coming from Whittier, you should just 605 north to the 10 east. No reason to come up to the 210 then back down to the 10. Eventually the guys from the valley have to go to the 10, so maybe another meet point on the 10 would work best for you.

eponator
03-09-2010, 12:06 PM
What's the speed limit? 75 or 80?

Sounds like I need to leave at 7am to make it.

Eponator, I'll PM you. Where would be a good place to meet up in your neck of the woods?

If you're going to be heading down to the 10 then there are a couple good spots off the 10 to meet up most notable the eastland center, plenty of room incase you're bringing a trailer. There are several gas stations along the way to meet up at as well.

Comming from Whittier would be best to just take the 10 East all the way down. No sense in driving up North to the 210 only to head back down south to the 10 again. Feel free to send me a PM if anyone is interested in caravanning, I can leave whenever, early morning is no big deal for me :D

If your coming from Whittier, you should just 605 north to the 10 east. No reason to come up to the 210 then back down to the 10. Eventually the guys from the valley have to go to the 10, so maybe another meet point on the 10 would work best for you.

Basically what he said haha. It was funny bumping into ya on the 605 last Sunday!! I take it that was your wife waving out the window? Props!! :wink:
Oh hey you get that step working properly? Let me know if you need a hand with it, my house isn't too far from your warehouse.

eboteilho
03-09-2010, 12:47 PM

lol, yeah the 10's closer, but if we can get a convoy going, I'm willing to do my part! :waytogo:

skav
03-09-2010, 02:30 PM
So let's plan to meet at Ranaldi/Balboa foe the guys in SCV/SFV.
Maybe eboteilho (http://www.socaps.com/../member.php/6104-eboteilho), optx002 or eponator could pick a second stop along the 210. Probably around 6:45 to 7am.

optx002
03-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Basically what he said haha. It was funny bumping into ya on the 605 last Sunday!! I take it that was your wife waving out the window? Props!! :wink:
Oh hey you get that step working properly? Let me know if you need a hand with it, my house isn't too far from your warehouse.

The step works fine. I have it down because my veg kit system hangs low and hit the step when its up. So when im running veg, it vibrates and gets annoying after awhile. So when i run veg, i usually keep the step down from vibrating.

K5Cruiser
03-09-2010, 03:02 PM
There's probably enough of us in SGV to simply take the 10 out, rather than going up to the 210. I'm not sure yet what time I'll be leaving, but I'm guessing around 7 or 7:30. People in Whittier, Covina, etc., could all meet up off the 10 at IN-N-OUT at Barranca. There shouldn't be anybody there that early in the morning, so parking should be fairly easy.

Eagle0ne
03-09-2010, 06:00 PM
So let's plan to meet at Ranaldi/Balboa foe the guys in SCV/SFV.
Maybe eboteilho (http://www.socaps.com/../member.php/6104-eboteilho), optx002 or eponator could pick a second stop along the 210. Probably around 6:45 to 7am.

I'll meet up wid yeah....

skav
03-09-2010, 06:05 PM
I'll meet up wid yeah....
Balboa? Your in Chatsworth, right?

bigrpowr
03-09-2010, 06:47 PM
sean- a few of us plan on meeting at reseda or balboa around 7:30 ..it might be a bit late for you, but to me i'm not in a huge rush, as its always a pretty long day. but you will be dyno'ing..this dyno is the rule of thumb out west.

Eagle0ne
03-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Balboa? Your in Chatsworth, right?

Tarzana.. White Oak & Burbank....:waytogo:

skav
03-10-2010, 08:39 AM
sean- a few of us plan on meeting at reseda or balboa around 7:30 ..it might be a bit late for you, but to me i'm not in a huge rush, as its always a pretty long day. but you will be dyno'ing..this dyno is the rule of thumb out west.

What time do sign ups start for the dyno? I almost don't want to run on the dyno. I may end up depressed for the rest of the day!

If I run, I want to go before you. You'll probably break it and ruin the fun for everyone else.

eponator
03-10-2010, 08:49 AM
The step works fine. I have it down because my veg kit system hangs low and hit the step when its up. So when im running veg, it vibrates and gets annoying after awhile. So when i run veg, i usually keep the step down from vibrating.

Bummer, and I bet there's no room to move the veg kit a little huh?? Explains why you have it that way haha, I thought it was malfunctioning :P

There's probably enough of us in SGV to simply take the 10 out, rather than going up to the 210. I'm not sure yet what time I'll be leaving, but I'm guessing around 7 or 7:30. People in Whittier, Covina, etc., could all meet up off the 10 at IN-N-OUT at Barranca. There shouldn't be anybody there that early in the morning, so parking should be fairly easy.

They open at 10 IIRC so parking shouldn't be a problem at all. You can't miss it comming down the 10, big IN N OUT Sign right next to the exit. I'm game to meet there K5, what time would you be arriving so I know when to meet? Its a 15 min drive from my house...

What time do sign ups start for the dyno? I almost don't want to run on the dyno. I may end up depressed for the rest of the day!

If I run, I want to go before you. You'll probably break it and ruin the fun for everyone else.

Don't feel bad Scav... I'll be dynoing my 5.4 if I have the chance... that should make you feel much better about your numbers :redface:....

eboteilho
03-10-2010, 10:44 AM
They open at 10 IIRC so parking shouldn't be a problem at all. You can't miss it comming down the 10, big IN N OUT Sign right next to the exit. I'm game to meet there K5, what time would you be arriving so I know when to meet? Its a 15 min drive from my house...

I'm almost positive I know where this In-N-Out is, and since I'm an early riser, I've got no problems meeting anytime! I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone! :yay:

skav
03-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Don't feel bad Skav... I'll be dynoing my 5.4 if I have the chance... that should make you feel much better about your numbers :redface:....

as long as I make more than 275 to the wheels and don't have to get it towed home, I'll be happy.

skav
03-10-2010, 12:59 PM
I talked w bigrpowr today, and I think I'll roll w him and his group at 7:30. That way the kids can sleep a bit longer.

eponator
03-10-2010, 02:32 PM
as long as I make more than 275 to the wheels and don't have to get it towed home, I'll be happy.

At this point I'll be happy if I can make it there and back in one piece...

Cyl 8 COP gave out on me this morning and its more economical for me to grab all 8 online instead of through parts places... Crossing my fingers they get here by Friday...

03-10-2010, 04:52 PM
so is noone meeting up on balboa anymore? cause if not ill just leave from my house

bigrpowr
03-10-2010, 06:00 PM
so is noone meeting up on balboa anymore? cause if not ill just leave from my house

i would but i just flat dont wanna get up that early. nothing but love for you buddy.

K5Cruiser
03-10-2010, 07:12 PM
How does 0730 sound? We could then wait around to see if anyone else shows and leave there by 0745. I think I might create a new thread for SGV to Fontana.

At this point I'll be happy if I can make it there and back in one piece...

Cyl 8 COP gave out on me this morning and its more economical for me to grab all 8 online instead of through parts places... Crossing my fingers they get here by Friday...
Did you try posting here to see what kind of price Sunrise could get you?
http://www.socaps.com/showthread.php/5663-Ford-Parts-Discount

eponator
03-11-2010, 08:53 AM
How does 0730 sound? We could then wait around to see if anyone else shows and leave there by 0745. I think I might create a new thread for SGV to Fontana.

Did you try posting here to see what kind of price Sunrise could get you?
http://www.socaps.com/showthread.php/5663-Ford-Parts-Discount

7:30 sounds great to me.

Thanks for the suggestion, I was intending on purchasing 8 cops from Sunrise on Saturday and install them during some downtime at the event before but now my hand is being forced... I ended up picking up just one coil and replaced the faulty one in hopes of making it Saturday.

The engine now turns over smoother and the keyless ignition is working properly again (something it hasn't done since the new injectors 3 weesk ago but I've suspected 1 if not more coils were on their way out for a while) The truck is still just a little shaky, wreaks of unburned fuel, and the exhaust is putting out puffs of white smoke, but not a steady stream... I'm hopeful its not the headgasket but of course that doubt lingers in the back of my mind...

I'll be testing the remaining coils this afternoon after work although the CEL is only indicating Cyl8... Hopefully I can get him working right again in time...

n1mxer
03-12-2010, 12:08 AM
hey sean it runs!! started it up last night im like 95% done if i finish it in time im going i want to dyno my truck im gonna bring are tuning software and probably the NGS and VCM tool just in case. depending how things work out i can try and make a few tunes to try on the dyno for you as well.

:biggrin:

TJ

skav
03-12-2010, 06:04 AM
Sweet!

Now talk your brother into coming too.

So you got the intake together?
How does it sound?
What else is left?

I'll call you later today about when and where we're leaving.

Good luck

skav
03-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Ybody else up for meeting and heading down together?

Ignorant1
03-12-2010, 05:08 PM
I am going to try to make it, I am in Northridge. Where exactly are you guys meeting (07:30 Group) and is it still at 07:30??... also which way are taking to get there, is it 118 to 5 to 10E or is 118 to 210 to 57 to 10?. I am asking 'cause I am picking someone up in E.L.A.

Thx,

Mario.

skav
03-12-2010, 05:48 PM
7:30 USA gas station at Balboa/ Rinaldi. Not sure on the route though.

BFT
03-12-2010, 06:26 PM

ill roll with you raul...ill even help you set up a bit

eponator
03-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Sorry guys gotta bow outta this 1. Pretty sure someone poured something into my gas tank when he was parked in front of my sisters place... Locking gas caps.... more important than you think...

Hope the meet goes well, enjoy yourselves and come back with stories!

n1mxer
03-13-2010, 01:31 AM
sorry im out as well.. though i had it running good last night but noticed it started missing on the way home i think the inside clip on the injector harness is messed up.. and gotta work on the tuning some more. next time sean back to the shop i go let me know how it goes.

TJ

BFT
03-13-2010, 05:50 AM
So was anyone planning on going to balboa & rinaldi? It's about 5:50 right now... Just wondering, if not I'll head out

skav
03-13-2010, 07:23 AM
I'm here now. There's no USA, so I'm at the Thrifty station on the east sideof Balboa. Mike and a couple others should be here soon.