View Full Version : July 4 th Wrenching Day

Shaolin Crane
06-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Official date is set, :usa:JULY 4 th:usa:
heres what i have to do
Water pump
CCV mod
and im sure more shit will come up by then
if you plan on coming post up who your coming with if any and what you plan on doing to the truck and I will send you a PM with the address and my cell number

eponator
07-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Hey, I'll be there bright and early. Might bring my brother or cousin with, if that's ok, but most likely I'll just be rolling solo.

I'd like to take a look at that ABS light I have lit up (praying its not a front wheel sensor... $$) as well as doing an oil change. Might even install a set of backup lights I've had lying around but can't find the time to put on. Countless other little mods and fixes if time / interest permits.

I'm really just going to meet some of the guys and hang out as there isn't any urgency with my truck. I'm more than willing to lend anyone a hand as well!

Shaolin Crane
07-01-2009, 10:45 PM
well bad news guys my water pump took a shit today so the wrenching day gets moved to saturday as its the only day i have off, if a mod would like to change the title for me i would appreciate it

:usa:JULY 4 th:usa:

optx002
07-02-2009, 07:17 AM
That sucks man. Wish i could come to help but thats July 4th. Hope all goes well.

Shaolin Crane
07-02-2009, 10:10 AM
ehh im used to working alone anyhow, when the guys show up i usually just stand around and talk

eponator
07-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Hey Shaolin, I'd still be willing to drop by and lend a hand if your feelin like it. West Covina isn't too far from Covina so its not a big deal for me. I was just gonna play with the truck any way till the BBQing started later in the afternoon so its no problem for me.

LMK!

BTW Recent mods - Finished the blue LED dash mod yesterday evening, MAN what a pain to get those needles back on in the right place but it was all worth it, LOOKS AMAZING:yay::yay::yay:, even my little lady was surprised! I caught a lifted V10 staring at them at a red light the other night. How do I know? He was sitting and staring at them for about 15 seconds AFTER the light turned green!!:peace:

optx002
07-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Hey Shaolin, I'd still be willing to drop by and lend a hand if your feelin like it. West Covina isn't too far from Covina so its not a big deal for me. I was just gonna play with the truck any way till the BBQing started later in the afternoon so its no problem for me.

LMK!

BTW Recent mods - Finished the blue LED dash mod yesterday evening, MAN what a pain to get those needles back on in the right place but it was all worth it, LOOKS AMAZING:yay::yay::yay:, even my little lady was surprised! I caught a lifted V10 staring at them at a red light the other night. How do I know? He was sitting and staring at them for about 15 seconds AFTER the light turned green!!:peace:

Pictures...

Shaolin Crane
07-02-2009, 10:59 AM
wow you baited the asian out with the thought of blue LED's :D

POWERSTROKEMIKE
07-02-2009, 03:36 PM
might swing by an give a few words of widsome :)

eponator
07-02-2009, 05:28 PM
wow you baited the asian out with the thought of blue LED's :D

LMAO!

I'll have pictures up tonight if I can get that SD converter back from my sis... Otherwise no means of transferring pics off my phone...

Never lend anything to family unless you don't plan on needing it any time soon...

The truck will be there at the wrenching day so if I don't manage to get pictures up you're always welcome to stop by and take a look :)

K5Cruiser
07-02-2009, 07:07 PM
might swing by an give a few words of widsome :)
Or perhaps a little heckling! :D

Shaolin Crane
07-02-2009, 10:08 PM
yeah i dont think mike would do that :rolleyes:

JimmyW
07-03-2009, 12:35 AM
I'll stop by to give a hand or two.

What time will you start?

Shaolin Crane
07-03-2009, 10:03 AM
probably around 9ish

eponator
07-03-2009, 11:27 PM
I'll be there around 9 myself. Here's a few pics of the dash redon with blue and the truck in general since I never got to post those hah. Please excuse the crappy cell phone camera and I think my steering wheel was in the way of some of the dash shots, didn't want to start the truck just to turn it heh.

Shaolin Crane
07-04-2009, 01:03 PM
I'll stop by to give a hand or two.

What time will you start?
im here jimmy where you at...

JimmyW
07-04-2009, 07:07 PM
im here jimmy where you at...

sorry, something came up last minute and couldn't be there. hope you guys got a great time.

Shaolin Crane
07-05-2009, 03:07 AM
well it seems that jay is rubbing off on me, today was a total jay day, putting sockets on backwards, dropping them in the engine, forgetting bolts, but it got done and wasnt that difficult when i got the right tools

weweld
07-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Good to hear you got it fixed :yay:

Shaolin Crane
07-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Good to hear you got it fixed :yay:
yeah no more adding gallons of water a month

eponator
07-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Congrats on getting it all done bud! It was great getting to meet ya, you've got one nice Diesel. I'm just sorry I wasn't able to stick around longer, what a story the rest of that day turned out to be...

Anyways, lookin forward to next time.