PDA

View Full Version : Wrenching Day

Shaolin Crane
06-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Well im thinking of hosting another wrenching day cause i got some stuff to rectify with my truck, water pump, ccv mod and im sure more so i figured i would invite everyone who want to come down to my shop, last turn out was pretty good so hopefully this one will be better ive put up a poll for what weekend works best for that one and whatever one does that will be the weekend, look forward to seeing everyone again :flag:

SteveBricks
06-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Already committed on the 5th, and won't be back from the races at Barona on the 11th in time for this . :mad:

weweld
06-12-2009, 09:54 AM
I will be in Iowa on the 5th

We won't be back from Barona either :eek:

Shaolin Crane
06-12-2009, 12:29 PM
well those weekends are as far as i want to wait to install that water pump, damn thing sounds like its eating marbles

orng1
06-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Damn all those issues from your truck. Give me a call and I'll happilly give you a hand.

Shaolin Crane
06-12-2009, 02:34 PM
wel i think its pretty good, originally the water pump was ****ed up in my accident 3 years ago and the shop ****ed me and didnt replace it, so im surprised it made it this long, and ive changed plenty pf water pumps before so its no big deal

orng1
06-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Shouldn't have waited, they got payed to do the job. You shouldn't have waited, you could have taking it in and they would have to replace it.

POWERSTROKEMIKE
06-12-2009, 08:37 PM
let me know when you have other wrenching days.. had a good time last time :)

78Southwind
06-12-2009, 09:07 PM
It's a no for the 5th and a maybe for the 12th.

Shaolin Crane
06-13-2009, 03:09 AM
Shouldn't have waited, they got payed to do the job. You shouldn't have waited, you could have taking it in and they would have to replace it.
its a long story i had been in 7 times since the truck was fixed, everytime i took it back something else went wrong or what not, then the agent who was taking care of my truck went to work for another body shop, then they lost my paper work blah blah blah so i filed a complaint and sent their supporting auto manufacturers an email saying what happened and what i had to deal with (lamborghini, mercedes, ford etc) and lamborghini actually revoked them as an authorized repair center for what happened (i wasnt the first to do this) but it was just frustrating in the end.

Shaolin Crane
06-13-2009, 03:24 AM
let me know when you have other wrenching days.. had a good time last time :)
are you not gonna be able to make it to this one?

POWERSTROKEMIKE
06-13-2009, 06:41 AM
oh sorry nope.. will be at the tracks.. trying to race....you should replace that pump durning the week an come out to the race's at the end of the month..

Shaolin Crane
06-13-2009, 03:04 PM
oh sorry nope.. will be at the tracks.. trying to race....you should replace that pump durning the week an come out to the race's at the end of the month..
i already have to replace a water pump dont want to have to replace a tranny too

POWERSTROKEMIKE
06-13-2009, 03:12 PM
:yay: i hear you..

eponator
06-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Hey, this defeinitely sounds like fun! I've had an ABS light that I've been ignoring for the past 3 months... I'm pretty sure it's a front wheel sensor but don't feel its worth the $80 places want to pull the codes. You got a scanner capable of reading ABS codes? That would be great otherwise I am down to just wrench and hang out.

I see you're located in Covina, is your shop in Covina too? I'm in West Covina myself so the drive is no problem neighbor! I've got no plans for either weekend at the moment, just let me know when you plan on holding this wrench day and I'll come out to lend a hand or some beers haha.

Shaolin Crane
06-15-2009, 11:41 AM
well i dont drink beer, or soda for that matter but jerky and pizza are always appreciated :)

optx002
06-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Let me know what day you end up having it. My phone is still crapped out, but ill check socaps often and try to make it out.

Shaolin Crane
06-15-2009, 03:58 PM
so far looks to be july 12th

eponator
06-16-2009, 10:38 AM
well i dont drink beer, or soda for that matter but jerky and pizza are always appreciated :)

Got it! First time wrenching day participant (usually its a solo act under the tree shade), gotta get used to the normal customs I guess heh. SO how does this work normally, just show up and get to it?

optx002
06-16-2009, 10:41 AM
Got it! First time wrenching day participant (usually its a solo act under the tree shade), gotta get used to the normal customs I guess heh. SO how does this work normally, just show up and get to it?

I would say typically we get there early.. stand around and talk for a couple of hours and maybe a couple of people do a few things on their trucks, and then eat and drink and talk more, and go home. :slap:

Raul @ Stealth Automotive
06-16-2009, 12:26 PM
I would say typically we get there early.. stand around and talk for a couple of hours and maybe a couple of people do a few things on their trucks, and then eat and drink and talk more, and go home. :slap:
dont forget that mike is standing around pretending to work and take pictures and busting our balls the whole day :)

Shaolin Crane
06-16-2009, 12:45 PM
wow your using that "we" word pretty loosly there, let me lay it down how how Jay's wrenching days go, first he pulles up in the Exxon Valdez, then says how much is going wrong with his truck, we laugh mostly because we're pricks :) then we watch him work on his truck till the wee hours of the night cause nothing ever goes the right way for him, if i missed anything lemme know :rofll:

Shaolin Crane
06-16-2009, 12:46 PM
dont forget that mike is standing around pretending to work and take pictures and busting our balls the whole day :)
oh and the kind words of encouragement too

06-16-2009, 12:47 PM
wow your using that "we" word pretty loosly there, let me lay it down how how Jay's wrenching days go, first he pulles up in the Exxon Valdez, then says how much is going wrong with his truck, we laugh mostly because we're pricks :) then we watch him work on his truck till the wee hours of the night cause nothing ever goes the right way for him, if i missed anything lemme know :rofll:
oh shit... LOL... that is too funny right their

-Raul

optx002
06-16-2009, 01:28 PM
lol... ok.. i guess i left out a few small details.

K5Cruiser
06-16-2009, 01:44 PM

:rofll::rofll:

POWERSTROKEMIKE
06-16-2009, 05:05 PM
sorry i wont be there..with any black mail pics..lol.. but i know you will mis my words of widsom.. :yay::rofll::slap:

fordmedic
06-16-2009, 08:10 PM
dont forget that mike is standing around pretending to work and take pictures and busting our balls the whole day :) :rofll::rofll:

eponator
06-17-2009, 10:09 AM
:rofll::rofll::rofll::rofll::rofll:

Hilarious! I can already tell this will be entertaining at minimum. Looking forward to meeting you guys, until then, to the tree shade I go!

06-17-2009, 03:03 PM
well wish i could go but ill be in pismo that weekend..... hope you guys have fun

POWERSTROKEMIKE
06-17-2009, 03:43 PM
"WOW" i don't know what to say.. :rofll:

DesertRider
06-22-2009, 08:00 AM
well those weekends are as far as i want to wait to install that water pump, damn thing sounds like its eating marbles

When my water pump started sounding like marbles it completely broke about 100 miles later. The pump shaft broke which caused the belt to get tied up around the main pulley and I lost all power, including brakes. I was puling my 17k lb trailer at the time too. Get that thing fixed!!

Shaolin Crane
06-22-2009, 08:03 AM
well it should last till then, plus that the only day i could get off to work on it, and ive actually been going easy on the truck :)

eponator
06-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Quick question, I know the dates listed are Fridays but in the OP it mentions their respective weekends. Will this wrenching day be on a Friday or the weekend following the listed Fridays?

Shaolin Crane
06-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Quick question, I know the dates listed are Fridays but in the OP it mentions their respective weekends. Will this wrenching day be on a Friday or the weekend following the listed Fridays?
the dates listed in the poll are the actual dates i will be having the wrenching day, so sunday the 12th is the day im having it

eponator
07-01-2009, 09:43 AM
I must have been looking at the June calendar thinking the 12th was a Friday... Sorry, looks like I spaced there for a moment... Thanks for clearing that up.